Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yehaaa! Just Got Home With The Rav

capstar1

I picked it up today and in the 12 mile journey home I was stuck in traffic for 40 minutes or so which gave me time to fiddle around.

One problem was I pressed the air con button in and nothing seemed to happen. The light on the button didn't even light up so I'm hoping its the fuse.

Its pouring rain just now so it might have to wait until tomorrow.

Apart from that I love it. I can't believe the power it has and its very smooth and quiet. I have got to take it a decent drive this weekend and see what mpg I get.

I set it when I picked it up from the dealers and it was showing 38.5 or something when I got home. Not bad as I was stuck in or in slow moving traffic for 40 minutes.

I'll not sleep tonight unless I have a couple of goldies. :P ;)

I have beenthinking of adding the sat nav to the head unit. It has the nav button on the head unit.

There is a new TNS 200 on auction at the moment. Does anyone know if I should keep an eye out for a TNS 300 instead. Is it better than the 200 and if so in what way?

Thanks

Aaah, a moment to be savoured! I know you're going to enjoy the Rav - it's a great vehicle.

Forgive me for saying the following :blush: , it's just that my (very non-mechanical but lovely none-the-less) other half told me the a/c on her Rav wasn't working when she pushed the button.

Trouble was, the fan was turned off....... :oops:

I was just about to say "is the fan on" and then I scrolled down and saw it said already :P

Aaah, a moment to be savoured! I know you're going to enjoy the Rav - it's a great vehicle.

Forgive me for saying the following :blush: , it's just that my (very non-mechanical but lovely none-the-less) other half told me the a/c on her Rav wasn't working when she pushed the button.

Trouble was, the fan was turned off....... :oops:

Thanks I'll try that when I get it back from my son.

Yes it works. Thanks for the advice, I just turned the fan on and the button lit up. :rolleyes:

Just 40 minutes in traffic on a friday around Glasgow - were you running up the hard shoulder as well??

Just 40 minutes in traffic on a friday around Glasgow - were you running up the hard shoulder as well??

Kingston bridge car park. There is a knack to getting over it but this time I was happy to sit and play with my new toy :D

Kingston bridge car park. There is a knack to getting over it but this time I was happy to sit and play with my new toy :D

careful the cameras dinna get ye

be careful with those TNS 200 / TNS 300 units. if you don't have the cable loom already in the vehicle... Mr T is asking about £140 for it...

so if you can find one make sure it's complete. bear in mind they are old so you will need a new map... a simple tomtom box might be cheaper?

be careful with those TNS 200 / TNS 300 units. if you don't have the cable loom already in the vehicle... Mr T is asking about £140 for it...

so if you can find one make sure it's complete. bear in mind they are old so you will need a new map... a simple tomtom box might be cheaper?

The one I was looking at was on auction and went for £147 I was outbid by £2. It was brand new and complete with all the cables.

I have a Tomtom I use in my van and its great. I think its just the novelty fact having it integrated in the Rav and no cables etc.

Thing is, using the standard headunit with the small mono screen for Navigation when you have got used to a TomTom :g: .... You may be disappointed, especially after spending all that money

If it was a colour full-screen then 100% right - much nicer (IMO) then a TomTom. I fitted the full Honda Sat-Nav to my HR-V and still miss that over the TomTom, have to say

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links