Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris - Replacement Ignition Key Casing

biggles24

I took my Yaris for a routine service at my local Toyota main dealer and was told that the black key case containing the remote transponder was cracked and will need replacing at a cost of £190. I asked whether it would be possible just to buy a replacement case in stead of buying a complete key, with transponder included, and i was told that this was not possible. It seems crazy that i will need to pay out nearly £200 for a new key when I only need the black casing which only cost pence. I would welcome any advice on this form other members.

mine is also cracked.

they go on eBay for £10 and apparently free programming.

then just take it to a shoe place and have it cut the same as your old key.

if you wish, as thanks, you can send the other £170 ish to me

:)

mine is also cracked.

they go on ebay for £10 and apparently free programming.

then just take it to a shoe place and have it cut the same as your old key.

if you wish, as thanks, you can send the other £170 ish to me

:)

Many thanks for the help. i will look on eBay.

CAUTION!

a lot of the blank key cases are not suitable for the yaris.

I bought two to fix our cars and the unlock codes annd they are 8.5mm wide keys where both our yaris have 10mm wide keys.

Any one who needs one or two two button key cases 8.5mm wide blade ping me an private message and I will sell you a key with instructions to register it with the cars locking system (spare transponder required) £5 each

Any one who can supply blank 10mm keys also PM me!

How much are the blank keys from the dealer?

You cann take the key apart remove the transponder and fix the key with epoxy glue taking care to clean any excess glue from within the key, and let it set overnight. It should last a long time.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just saw your post.

Did you ever find a source for the Yaris 10MM key fob blank?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just saw your post.

Did you ever find a source for the Yaris 10MM key fob blank?

Thanks

Yes at last, found, cut and working http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=190383124403&view=all&tid=421310146009

from eBay seller fobkeysbank

discription TOYOTA 2 Button Remote Uncut/Key Blank MR2 Plaz Yaris

note discription reads :

MR2: 1997-2007

MR2 Spinder: 2001-2007

Plaz: 1999-2004

Yaris: 1999-2008

I still have the 8.5mm keys

I'm in need of a new key myself. The remote unlocking on my transponder works but not the locking button. The cheapest quote I got was from M.K. who want to charge me £75!

Toyota Keys are indeed rubbish. Both my cars had broken keys. Auris replaced on warranty and then reprogrammed... totally unessential, they only need to replace the case IMO!

For the Yaris I just got a replacement case of eBay.

• 3 months later...

ive cracked my casing as the lock button went but the unlock still works ive got to reglue my key back in securely, hwo easy is it to fix the lock buton the other works i think its just detached on the circuit underneath, arent those uncut keys a con c you actually just get another cut from the original? and are they reprogrammable if you buy a new fob?

ive cracked my casing as the lock button went but the unlock still works ive got to reglue my key back in securely, hwo easy is it to fix the lock buton the other works i think its just detached on the circuit underneath, arent those uncut keys a con c you actually just get another cut from the original? and are they reprogrammable if you buy a new fob?

I find a couple of turns of that thin brown wide parcels tape wrapped round the wide dimension of the key fob holds everything together a treat; it's so thin that you can still press the buttons through the tape.

After about 3 or 4 months the adhesive lets go, so you strip it off and replace it. About six inches of tape - tuppence!

Cully

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links