Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E - A Couple Of Problems!

edd921

Hi there, long time reader, first time poster... this site helped me a lot with the old alarm problem the Carina seems to get!

I've got a 1995 Carina E GLi 1.8 and it seems to have developed a couple of problems, can anyone shed some light on them?

Firstly, when accelerating between say idle speed and 3,000 revs, I hear a weird ticking noise from the engine, which gets faster as the engine speed increases. After about 3,000 revs it goes away but comes back again under this... Anyone got any ideas what it might be?

Also, when crusing at above over around 50 or 60 mph in 5th gear, if I press the accelerator the car judders before accelerating, sort of like it does when the engine is cold. It's hard to explain but feels like not enough petrol is getting into the engine..... could it be the fuel pump?

Finally, I'm using the key to unlock the car but when I turn the key to the left it only unlocks the driver's door. When I lock it, all doors lock. If I use the key in the passenger side, the lock functions as normal (ie unlocking and locking all doors)... is this just the lock wearing out?

If anyone could shed any light on the above I'd be really grateful!!!

Thanks in advance!

Edd

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links