Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1997 Toyota Carina E Estate "lean Burn" Engine

Sakichi

Does anyone know what sort of miles per gallon I should obtain with this vehicle? There seems to be diagreement on various sources I have already checked. The best figures suggest 45 to 55 mpg on long distance driving but I have been diappointed to average only 38mpg even with careful driving avoiding excess speed and braking. Does it sound like I need the engine tuned?

Thank you!

Sakichi

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what sort of miles per gallon I should obtain with this vehicle? There seems to be diagreement on various sources I have already checked. The best figures suggest 45 to 55 mpg on long distance driving but I have been diappointed to average only 38mpg even with careful driving avoiding excess speed and braking. Does it sound like I need the engine tuned?

Thank you!

Sakichi

I have the same 1.8liter engine in my car, when I drive shorter distances(around 10km) the car takes about 0,67liter/10km and when I for some weeks ago drove 300km without stops it took 0,57liter/10km.

we dont use mpg here in sweden so I dont know what that makes in mpg.

Thank you!

Sakichi

I have the same 1.8liter engine in my car, when I drive shorter distances(around 10km) the car takes about 0,67liter/10km and when I for some weeks ago drove 300km without stops it took 0,57liter/10km.

we dont use mpg here in sweden so I dont know what that makes in mpg.

That's about 42mpg and 50mpg respectively.

That's about 42mpg and 50mpg respectively.

Ok, Then 45 and 55mpg shouldnt be any problems what I can see, just make sure you have correct tires :thumbsup:

with the numbers I gave before I had studded wintertires in dimension 185/70-14.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links