Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Cruise Control Avensis T3-s

axus44

Fair comment, I used the second, or B connector pin 24 initially and nothing happened.... changed it to pin 21 on the top, or, A connector as you can see by my pics and it worked....

I guess if you grounded the red wire and connected the white wire to pin 24 on E10 and nothing happened then you have little to lose by trying pin 21 on the top connector..........

I measured across the red and white wires (mostly red and mostly white!) and flicked the switch to each of the settings and got what I expected to see according to the diagram,although it doesn't provide specific resistances.

As I said earlier, I actually have the 1AD engine apparently...... but this worked for me.

• Like 1

Thanks for reply Les,will have another go at the weekend and see what happens..?do you think the black wire on the left of the plug is for the horn ground if so that would explain why there's 3 wires on mine.

There's only the two wires to be concerned about, the red and the white, with whatever stripe they might have....

The diagram indicates only these two are involved.... I didn't bother with the black one and left it wherever it was connected....

All I know is my cruise works really well!

Well i have finally managed to get this working ..whoop whoop so well happy.

If it had been absolutely clear in previous comments that the red earth wire needs to be cut and using a bullet connector to join the wires up together and then using a ring connector on the end to connect the earth to a screw on the left then i would have done by now he he ..anyway done now.. :D

post-131671-0-30178300-1437301428_thumb.

• Like 1

I didn't cuit my red wire.... if you read my post on what actions I took you will see that I talk about the lower connector on the steering wheel which is the slip ring connector to the car loom......

I explain on there how I connected the red wire.....

But hey.... it's working now for you, so which connector did the white wire end up in on the ECU?

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your input Les,without it i would never have done the mod.

It was just the earth side of the connection i didn't fully get as i was thinking that the earth had to come from the slip-ring you mention(the plug) to the earthing srcew on the left of the steering wheel,but then i realised that wouldn't work ,so i just cut the red wire joined it together with a bullet connector,and just joined it into the screw with a ring connector,anyway it works now so well happy.

It was in fact the E10 B ..K Connector and pin number 24 and to get the connection i just did what you did and it works a treat,so once again i thank you for your help with this.

My drive down to Cornwall at the end of August is going to be much more easier with no right foot ache.. :D :D.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Do i get this right, to fit cruise control on facelift model you have to add one wire from ecu to the steering wheel?

2 hours ago, tumesinine said:

Do i get this right, to fit cruise control on facelift model you have to add one wire from ecu to the steering wheel?

I can't answer your questin per-se, but I recall reading (perhaps within this thread?) that cruise can't be added to the petrol models.  (Your profile doesn't specify which model you speak of).

• 3 months later...
On 19.07.2015 at 11:24 AM, Exvec said:

Well i have finally managed to get this working ..whoop whoop so well happy.

If it had been absolutely clear in previous comments that the red earth wire needs to be cut and using a bullet connector to join the wires up together and then using a ring connector on the end to connect the earth to a screw on the left then i would have done by now he he ..anyway done now.. :D

cruise control light.JPG

Hi, you have a an ideea if I can set for my Avensis 10. petrol, 2005

On 19.07.2015 at 11:12 PM, Firstpeke said:

I didn't cuit my red wire.... if you read my post on what actions I took you will see that I talk about the lower connector on the steering wheel which is the slip ring connector to the car loom......

But hey.... it's working now for you, so which connector did the white wire end up in on the ECU?

Hi, you have a an ideea if I can set for my Avensis 10. petrol, 2005

5 hours ago, silviuadrian said:

Hi, there is someone how know if I can set CC on Avensis petrol 1.8. 2005 

many thanks,

Adrian

The 1ZZFE engine ECU does not support CC.

Only way is to fit aftermarket kit!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, silviuadrian said:

Hi, there is someone how know if I can set CC on Avensis petrol 1.8. 2005 

many thanks,

Adrian

2 hours ago, ents said:

Adrian and for future reference, cruise control can only be retro fitted to the diesels that were lower spec. Henri's answer above is correct regarding the ECU support depending on engine type..

I think the 2 litre petrol were higher spec, and came with CC. If they did not, then CC can be retro fitted like the diesels.  

My friend bought a 1ZZ car thinking it should have CC (the seller stated in description), but discovered otherwise. 

So if a 1ZZ 1.8 has CC, it is most likely aftermarket as Henri stated. Basically this is a diesel only upgrade.

• Like 1

Hi, you have a an ideea if I can set for my Avensis 10. petrol, 2005.

Many thanks. I bought already. The question is I need some wires beetwen ECU and kit?

On 8/31/2016 at 7:29 AM, Konrad C said:

Adrian and for future reference, cruise control can only be retro fitted to the diesels that were lower spec. Henri's answer above is correct regarding the ECU support depending on engine type..

I think the 2 litre petrol were higher spec, and came with CC. If they did not, then CC can be retro fitted like the diesels.  

My friend bought a 1ZZ car thinking it should have CC (the seller stated in description), but discovered otherwise. 

So if a 1ZZ 1.8 has CC, it is most likely aftermarket as Henri stated. Basically this is a diesel only upgrade.

Many thanks. I bought already CC it. What can I do for instalation? Thanks.

49 minutes ago, silviuadrian said:

Many thanks. I bought already CC it. What can I do for instalation? Thanks.

I assume you bought a third party CC kit which is designed for any car without cruise control capability. What I am trying to say, cars that were never designed for cruise control can use this kit! You will find that 1ZZ 1.8 owners cannot simply upgrade to CC, using the Toyota plug and play retrofit. The aftermarket version is available but expensive - http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/products/view/cc177215103/wizard:cruise-control The cost is not worth it at nearly £400!

Mk2 1.8 1ZZ petrol owners will have to source a third party kit, which cost more than the diesel retrofit. That third party kit includes the control unit which is expensive, unlike a cable, switch and fittings for the diesel version. That control unit has to be made to work properly and safely, and that research costs!

I have a Mk3 1.8 petrol 2ZR engine, which comes with CC as standard on TR spec and above, but not on the T2. There is a good chance that because the two other specs with the 2ZR engine has CC, the T2 may have the retrofit. With that in mind, when buying a secondhand Mk3, it is easier to buy a TR than go through the upgrade of the T2.

Basically the CC retrofit (not compatible with 1.8 1ZZ petrol) is for diesels with CC variants in the model line up. That is what this post is about.

What kit did you buy and did it come with instructions? I would go back to where you bought this kit and seek advice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Konrad C said:

I assume you bought a third party CC kit which is designed for any car without cruise control capability. What I am trying to say, cars that were never designed for cruise control can use this kit! You will find that 1ZZ 1.8 owners cannot simply upgrade to CC, using the Toyota plug and play retrofit. The aftermarket version is available but expensive - http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/products/view/cc177215103/wizard:cruise-control The cost is not worth it at nearly £400!

Mk2 1.8 1ZZ petrol owners will have to source a third party kit, which cost more than the diesel retrofit. That third party kit includes the control unit which is expensive, unlike a cable, switch and fittings for the diesel version. That control unit has to be made to work properly and safely, and that research costs!

I have a Mk3 1.8 petrol 2ZR engine, which comes with CC as standard on TR spec and above, but not on the T2. There is a good chance that because the two other specs with the 2ZR engine has CC, the T2 may have the retrofit. With that in mind, when buying a secondhand Mk3, it is easier to buy a TR than go through the upgrade of the T2.

Basically the CC retrofit (not compatible with 1.8 1ZZ petrol) is for diesels with CC variants in the model line up. That is what this post is about.

What kit did you buy and did it come with instructions? I would go back to where you bought this kit and seek advice!

I bought actually a steering wheels from other Avensis which was fitted already with CC command. But I thinks is not enough.

I'm not sure which code engine has my Toyota is T3-X AUTOMATIC and my reg nr. LD05AUE

18 hours ago, silviuadrian said:

I bought actually a steering wheels from other Avensis which was fitted already with CC command. But I thinks is not enough.

I'm not sure which code engine has my Toyota is T3-X AUTOMATIC and my reg nr. LD05AUE

Adrian, you need to spend a lot more, as I mentioned earlier. Henri has also told you that your car (petrol 1ZZ) ECU has no support for CC. 

What car did you get the steering wheel control from? Engine type which will be 2.0l and above. If you did get it from a 1.8, you better go back and retrieve everything!

I think I have more than covered more than enough on 1.8 1ZZ CC upgrade/retrofitting. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Konrad C said:

18 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Adrian, you need to spend a lot more, as I mentioned earlier. Henri has also told you that your car (petrol 1ZZ) ECU has no support for CC. 

What car did you get the steering wheel control from? Engine type which will be 2.0l and above. If you did get it from a 1.8, you better go back and retrieve everything!

I think I have more than covered more than enough on 1.8 1ZZ CC upgrade/retrofitting. 

On 8/31/2016 at 5:13 AM, ents said:

17 hours ago, silviuadrian said:

I remove the steering wheels from 2.2 diesel T SPIRIT 2005

Adrian, you have confirmed every thing I said earlier and what I suspected you have done. Taken the CC bits from a diesel car, then tried to fit it to your car that is not compatible.

Henri and myself has tried to explain the reason - 1ZZ ECU does not support CC on the Mk2 Avensis! 

You will have to spend hundreds of pounds to buy a CC conversion kit, or find a scrapped third party converted CC from a 1ZZ Avensis.

Adrian, one more point. Every poster who added CC, all are D4D diesel owners. 

If you are successful, please post.

Good luck.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 30/06/2009 at 2:45 PM, john_robot said:

eBay'den Camry OEM cruise kontrol direkine ulaşın / Teslimat Dahil 15 £ arası:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

direksiyon simidini sökmeniz ve 2 kabloyu CC'den direksiyon jakına aktarmanız gerekecek

Dün tam donanımlı maden, mükemmel çalışıyor

2003-2008 yılları arasında HERHANGİ BİR Avensis için çalışacaktır.

Eke bakınız

SolD4D.pdf

hello you say for each avensis according to this outline file you can answer the same process in the 2005 1.6 avensis elegant gasoline model. Thank you very much in advance. I would be glad if you answer...

I can not speak to the petrol versions, there are previous comments about those from others...

• 10 months later...

Hi all.  Sorry to resurrect this thread. 

I have a 59 plate T27 1.6 Valvematic Petrol T2 without cruise control, and I have upgraded to a leather steering wheel,  omplete wit( cruise control stalk.  Put it all in - but no luck although I can see CRuise light on dash, and when I scan the car on TechStream it says the Cruise Control ECU is online/active. 

Anyone know if it is a non-starter for this car?

Brian.