Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Cruise Control Avensis T3-s

axus44

Really pleased I came across this thread. I got told years ago by Mr T that CC could not be retro fitted to my 2006 2ADFTV.

I am surprised that a 2AD-FTV car came without it as that engine was not fitted on base models - certainly my 2007 TR 2.2 (2nd base trim) had it.

Yes, mine is the T3-X. After buying it I couldn't understand why it did not have CC, at the time of manufacturing it was a very efficient engine, with its piezo injectors, and it was the first car I had owned with 6 gears, so why CC didn't come as standard is strange.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. I am looking for help, I can not turn on the cruise control.My car avensis t25 2.0 d4d 1cd-ftv 2004.The car is factory not equipped with cruise control.I bought steering wheels with cruise control.

I propped the cable from the ecu connector B10 pin 24 to the connector under the steering wheel c14 pin 2,the red wire from the cruise control system has been grounded.

I was really happy because the green CRUISE icon showed up, but during the test drive the cruise control function  no works.I can only turn it on and off by pressing the button in the throttle

someone might have a similar problem and would like to share this with me, I would be grateful

DSC_0300.JPG

Hi Tomasz,If you are satisfied that the connections are all good then i would look towards the switch on the steering wheel,Even if the green light has come on their are more switchable options contained within the switch itself.Don't know how you would go about doing this ,maybe someone might know on here.HTH.

Exvec Thanks for a quick answer. I will be looking for the cause of a non-working cruise control. Replacing the cruise control handle with a new one may start to work

I will check it and let me know what the result

• Like 1

I checked the resistivity is the same as in the graph above.The problem was in the ground on the steering wheel.Transferring the ground from the cruise control to the ecu area has helped and now everything works as it should.Thanks

Hi Tomasz,

where did you buy your steering wheel?

in your opinion is it best to buy a steering wheel with the cruise control assembly or can you make a hole in a normal steering wheel and poke the cruis control stalk through the hole?

Matt

I bought from eBay, it does not matter whether the steering wheels or the grip for cruise control.

Before buying, please make sure and check by connecting the cable to the plug (B) pin 24 and connecting it to the mass of the car, the green CRUISE should light up

DSC_0306.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I recently saw this post regarding cruise control installation...

I have a 2008 Avensis T25 2.0 D4D, engine code is 1AD-FTV.

Initially I discovered that pin 24 from connector B (second from top) is the CCS (cruise control) pin which is supposed to be connected to the cruise control lever (it seems that this is the pin for 1CD-FTV engines) I took a measure and the pin has 0V.

For 2AD-FTV I found pin 21 from connector A (top one), but according to the wiring diagram on this pin should be an white cable or no cable. Instead, I have a dark yellow cable, no idea if any voltage, also no idea where this cable is connecting at the other end (see attached picture, pin 21 is marked).

I checked also the steering wheel and there is no connector for cruise control, I have only the connector for media buttons and DISP.

Do you have any documentation, link etc which might help me?

Regards,

Florin

Pin 21.jpg

Anything I did was documented on this forum and is still available if you search back on this topic.

Mine worked fine once wired up to the correct pins....

• 3 years later...
On 8/30/2016 at 11:15 PM, silviuadrian said:

Hi, there is someone how know if I can set CC on Avensis petrol 1.8. 2005 

many thanks,

Adrian

Any update Adrian? Looking to do the same 

• 1 year later...

Sorry for resurrecting old thread, but it seems that most of the pictures on this one are long gone (or connectors seem different to mine), so I cannot find the information I'm looking for 😞 

I'm happy owner to recently purchased -05 Avensis with 2.2 diesel and 6 speed manual gearbox. Engine is 148hp and I think the engine code is 2AD-FTV. The car has only 460.000 km (287.000 miles) in the odometer, so I'd figure it still has so much life in it, it makes sense to add a cruise control into it. I can get whole steering wheel with CC stalk from junk yard for 40€, so that's far easier option than buying just the stalk and adding it into the current steering wheel. 

What I would like to know, is that is my car pre-wired for the CC, and if not, which are the corrects pins on the steering wheel connector and ECU I would need to connect? I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but it looks the ECU has already been changed (there's a label saying 2008 on the ECU).

Here are the connectors on the steering wheel:
steering.thumb.jpg.a0eedc673a595ef819eff0d4faf84fb3.jpg

Here are the two top connectors on ECU:
top.thumb.jpg.5834fbf50bf5c40884c61bd909c923c7.jpg

And here are the two bottom connectors on ECU:
bottom.thumb.jpg.b1a19d1d7ad71485a389297345faab1c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If someone else is still wondering about the same question, I can now tell you that only thing I had to do was add the stalk on my steering wheel to get the cruise working. Car even had switch on the clutch pedal by default.

• Like 1