Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Cruise Control Avensis T3-s

axus44

Hi

Can anyone tell me if I can retro fit a cruise control to a 2006 Avensis T3-S 2.0 diesel please. If so where can I buy the bits.

Thanks

Keith

• 1 year later...

Hi

Can anyone tell me if I can retro fit a cruise control to a 2006 Avensis T3-S 2.0 diesel please. If so where can I buy the bits.

Thanks

Keith

Yes i would like to know the same thing

Does the right side of the steering have a hole in with a cover over it. If it does then you might be able to fit one.

Yes you can get them, I had one fitted to my previous car by a company called RAM in Hull, the fitting was arranged for me by John Roe Toyota.

As this was part of the deal when I bought the car I don't know the cost and no makers name was on the user instructions, sorry if this is not much help, but you can get them.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes you can get them, I had one fitted to my previous car by a company called RAM in Hull, the fitting was arranged for me by John Roe Toyota.

As this was part of the deal when I bought the car I don't know the cost and no makers name was on the user instructions, sorry if this is not much help, but you can get them.

get camry OEM cruise control stalk from eBay /£15 including delivery/:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

you will need to disassemble the steering wheel and transfer the 2 wires from the CC to the steering wheel jack

fitted mine yesterday, works perfect

it will work for ANY Avensis from 2003 to 2006.

see attached

SolD4D.pdf

you will need to disassemble the steering wheel and transfer the 2 wires from the CC to the steering wheel jack

see attached

Nice pictures. Would be better if the text was in english. Can anyone help with the translation ?.

see attached

Nice pictures. Would be better if the text was in English. Can anyone help with the translation ?.

I don't know Spanish myself, I just followed the pics..

John Robot

I am going to order the stalk and the the loom from the part numbers shown in the attatched images but when i look at the connector around the steering shaft(where the airbag and radio controls plug into) i have 4 pins available.

Could you tell me which pins you used? and what colour went where?

I will remove the wheel this week and take some pictures then it may make more sense.

Thanks

Hope this helps to try and explain....

Pic 1 is the type of sterring wheel controls already fitted

Pic 2 shows the blank pins available inside the connector

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

Hope this helps to try and explain....

Pic 1 is the type of sterring wheel controls already fitted

Pic 2 shows the blank pins available inside the connector

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

sorry for the late reply.

the two wires go next to the black wire /bottom left on the pic/

so the order is : black, positive cruise control, ground cruise control/

next you will have to

1. drill 2 holes in the steering wheel frame /or you can use cable ties/

2. cut a hole in the steering wheel back cover

once you fit everything, screw the wheel back etc, take a black hard sponge and cut a piece so it fits the hole. It must be slightly larger with a groove running along the perimeter.

see bellow:

top view:

post-73264-1247048353_thumb.png

side:

post-73264-1247048360_thumb.png

John i have done all that this morning.

pin 7 . The original black wire in the connector

pin8 . The White wire with black trace from the cruise control stalk

pin9 . The black wire with silver rings from the cruise control stalk

Went for a trial run and nothing happens.

Removed airbag and rechecked connection(all good) retried and still nothing.

Is there a seperate fuse for cruise????

Any idea's anyone??

Any idea's anyone??

Hi mate,

this is what you want it is the Toyota wiring diagram for cruise control, should sort out your problem.

post-74463-1247349269_thumb.jpg

Regards Pete.

• Like 1

Pete thanks for the diagram but still no joy..My car is a 56 plate D4D 2.2 T3S

On my picture there is a connector shown with 12 pins this plugs into what i would call the rotary switch.

On the back side of the rotary switch should be another connector that will connect into the main wiring harness for the sterring

column.

Could you tell me what these two connectors are listed as (i am used to Renault and Audi diagrams) so that i can try and trace the wiring back through please.

On your diagram it shows the cruise control switch and shows a white wire from pin 24(Ecu) to pin 2 cruise switch but does not show it going through the rotary switch with 12 pins,and there is no white wire.

The other pin from the cruise switch is shown as brown and goes through J12A and J13B?????? what ever this connector is.

Many thanks

Any idea's anyone??

Hi mate,

this is what you want it is the Toyota wiring diagram for cruise control, should sort out your problem.

post-74463-1247349269_thumb.jpg

Regards Pete.

The wiring diagram for the 2006 model is slightly different as the white goes to pin 21 on the ECU. 2AD_FTV.pdf

Thanks for that.

Does that mean the switch is wired differently into the connector i am showing in my photo???

Even with the new diagram that you have surplied it does not show any connectors within the steering wheel.

I can see the two wires on the diagram and where they go but i am unsure if the 56 plate model may be wired differently??

Thanks for that.

Does that mean the switch is wired differently into the connector i am showing in my photo???

Even with the new diagram that you have surplied it does not show any connectors within the steering wheel.

I can see the two wires on the diagram and where they go but i am unsure if the 56 plate model may be wired differently??

Only way is to check for continuity with a multimeter between the ecu connector and the steering wheel connector

Thanks for that.

Only way is to check for continuity with a multimeter between the ecu connector and the steering wheel connector

Retro CC can be fit on cars from 2003 up to 2006 January

I should have clarified this, I am sorry.

I don't know if it is possible /the easy way/ on any other Avensises

John do you know why and what was the difference's?

Is it because of the ECU or Dash?

If there is no way i can overcome this then where can i get the back cover to the steering wheel as i have cut a hole for the cruise control stalk (Toyota say you can only get it with the steering wheel).

Many thanks

Dave

Just fitted this to my 05 Avensis. Works a treat, Cheers John Robot

John do you know why and what was the difference's?

Is it because of the ECU or Dash?

If there is no way i can overcome this then where can i get the back cover to the steering wheel as i have cut a hole for the cruise control stalk (Toyota say you can only get it with the steering wheel).

Many thanks

Dave

sorry mate, no idea

A friend of mine who used to work for toyota told me that it can be done on the 03 - 06 model but that's all about it.

I didn't know even which stalk will fit /apart from the original one of course/ and I was lucky that the corolla one fitted perfectly.

As to the back cover - try salvage or /if you keep the pieces you cut/ - a garage which does plastic bumper soldering.

I'm going to have a go at this, is it possible to do it with the steering wheel in situ or does it have to come out?

Thanks

Andy

I'm going to have a go at this, is it possible to do it with the steering wheel in situ or does it have to come out?

Thanks

Andy

it has to go out.

when putting the st. wheel back you have to watch for the allignment mark on the rotor jack otherwise the wheel will be off a few degrees.

• 2 weeks later...

Right then, bought the cruise control switch gear thingy to do this to my 2005 2.0D4D T3X Avensis. I think i can figure the wiring bit out, as long as it is all there, but i am stuck on how to remove the horn cover and then the steering wheel. Can anyone explain this first step please?

Regards

David

No-one help me with the steering wheel removal?

Pretty please with cherries!

David

Hi David, here is a diagram of the column which shows all the fixings post-74463-1250235353_thumb.jpg hope this helps you you out mate, thanks for the cherries LOL.

Regards Pete. :thumbsup: