Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hispec Big Brake Conversion For Corolla

dawesy

as above really looking at downsizing the anchors on the rolla as the car has been lightened it almost gets the rear wheels off the floor under heavy braking, plus more importantly i need 16 inch rims for drag use and these brakes require 17" minimum. so gauging interest on these.

comes with 6 pot alloy callipers, 2 sets of 335mm x 32mm discs (one set has a score on the rear but is usable, the other is on the car ATM , two sets of bells and mounting brackets (one set fits sweet the other caused the score on the discs).

looking at fitting the ST-205 setup which should still be adequate. looking for £500.

10062007072.jpg

Corolla-3SGTE-1-640.jpg

I had a set of 6-pot Hi-Specs on my Soarer and I thought they were pretty good on that, must be phenomenal on the Corolla! B)

Paul.

Is it just a front brake kit,or rear brakes aswell?

You selling anymore bits from that car? I'm looking for a 4branch manifold for a Corolla Gti,non TVis?

just fronts bud, setup cost me £1250.

got an old 3S-GTE block going spare (complete with rod shaped hole :P )

and yes they are good, too good for a now light weight rolla

so what you doing now then dawsey. This surely can't be the end!

damn shame they won't fit under 16's, does this mean that you won't need you koni's and st-162 springs at the front anymore :huh:

nah not the end, new engine will be in soon and bigger and better. changing the brakes as they are too big. going for ST-205 fronts just gotta check its workable first but signs are looking good.

the hispecs are awesome but a little too much as there is no weight in the rear any more

keep us posted about the ST205 fronts, as i'll need to do a brake conversion soon so take lots of pictures please :D

ST205 disks and calipers will fit but they will need about 15mm taken off the diameter and because they are thicker than the standard disks they push the wheels further out from the centre of the car. You will probably need to flare the arches a bit to allow for this. Also the Corolla hubs are 4 stud and the Celica disks have 5 holes so three holes will need to be drilled. You might also need spacers so the wheels clear the calipers.

yeah figured most of that out however most of those probs can be sorted my moving the calliper, just needs a mounting bracket making.

wheel clearance may be an issue and the front arches may be flared to accommodate wider tyres anyway.

as itll probably end up 4WD next year anyway the number of studs aint an issue, ill drill the discs for the rolla hubs and then when 4WD happens it my go to 5 stud anyway.

hope to get the power upto 530-550bhp on the rebuild as there will be a few extras going on :ph34r:

With the disks having to be drilled/machined and considering how heavy they are would it not be an option to buy some floating disks and use the existing bells you have?

I am looking at this conversion on my AE92, I have got the calipers and disks but was wondering how much weight would be saved using a floating disk set up, no idea of the cost of them though but i know it wouldnt be cheap!

possible but then a 205 disc is about £80 and wieght saving wouldnt be that much to be fair as the 205 calliper is very light anyway

possible but then a 205 disc is about £80 and wieght saving wouldnt be that much to be fair as the 205 calliper is very light anyway

Yep the calipers are aluminium so quite light. I meant you could save weight on the brake discs by using a floating set up. One of the reasons i asked was as i am looking at this conversion myself and if you struggle to sell the complete set up, would you consider selling the bells seperately possibly with the discs if they could be machined down to fit under 16 inch rims.

Just a thought! :unsure:

sorry bud thought id replied.

brakes arnt yet off the car and not 100% on the gt4 fitment yet. so dont think theyd be ready for the 14th, i can get a shipment price for ya though

• 2 weeks later...

the callipers should bolt on but i have noticed that the E12 has a slightly larger centre bore on the disc so the bell would need machining out.

• 1 month later...

they would bolt straight on,

please leave a note here if you are seriously interested and ill contact you when they are available (still got to get the GT4 setup on yet)