Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cutting My Tvsv!

Toyotacelicagt4

As soon as my relief valve comes in the mail I will be installing it on my st185RC. But I have gathered that before playing with my boost it's a good idea to disable the TVSV. I have devised a plan on how to go about doing this but Any "second" opinions would be appreciated b4 I start cutting up my baby. I am thinking I will just cut the TVSV line right after it leaves the from the wastegate actuator and then fill the host with some random bolts(maybe put on some hose clamps to keep em in place too). Does this seem like the right way to go about it or did i miss anything?

yep thats the easiest way, cut and block both pipes :)

have you got a proper boost gauge? (not the std tat) if not get one and dont go above 0.9bar or you'll be doing a head gasket soon.

TBH im not a fan of relief/bleed valves they are just not reliable enough. an electronic boost controller would be better. but at least you have the better of the two, bleed valves should be made illegal

Ya I got an aftermarket gauge in kmF/Cm2 basicly the same thing as bars right? As for the relief valve what do u mean when u say its unreliable? I know that they can cause lag spikes with u drive the car hard if the engine is cold but to be honest I wouldn't think of being that abusive to my car(relief valve or not). Is there anything else i should know about coz this is just temporary till i have cash for a more expensive controller.

as its a mechanical device (a pre loaded spring) the can be affected by wear. an EBC can actually reduce lag as well as the valve movement can be modulated

to be honest you only need to block the one leaving the actuator.

as for the whole bleed/relief valve Vs. electronic boost control i personally think an adjustable actuator would be better :P

to be honest you only need to block the one leaving the actuator.

as for the whole bleed/relief valve Vs. electronic boost control i personally think an adjustable actuator would be better :P

You should block both if you don't then you risk debris and crap being sucked into the intake (Don't forget you not stopping the TVSV activating your just cutting the lines running to it) and as the intake return is after the air filter it'll go straight into the compressor/engine.

Ya I figured it would be better to block both ends anyway. As for the relief valve It is just temporary and im not using it to run like 25 PSI anyway. Just bumping mine up from like 7 to 11 or so coz I don't got the cash for forge pistions(or detonation). Again not sure if the amount of boost that runs through the valve will affect its reliability. Opinions anyone?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links