Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help, Back Wheel Buckeled

fiz-vvti

as the title reads, my rear alloy has a dent in it, is it the dent thats causing the buckle or the disks or something else, and whats the worst that can happen from a buckled wheel

fiz

as the title reads, my rear alloy has a dent in it, is it the dent thats causing the buckle or the disks or something else,

Nothing to do with the disks. Probably caused by a pothole or something.

and whats the worst that can happen from a buckled wheel

Your wheel falls apart at speed....

Get it repaired, or if it's bad and beyond repair, replaced asap.

ah for god sake, thats bad news, i've been qouted 150 to get it repaired, cant get it replaced, its been discontinued.

thanks t600, looks like i'll have to fork some more money out when i'm skint

Can you not find a set on eBay?

I've got 5 spares for my MR2 because I saw a cheap set on the Bay. But MR2 wheels are as cheap as chips anyway, and rarely buckle because they're so small.

Unfortunately larger wheels with lower profile tyres can easily be damaged by pot holes.

If you can find someone selling a cheap set on eBay you'll have some spares and for less than the cost of one new wheel from Mr T.

Good luck.

nah i've got 18" devil h204 alloys on mine, so if i change 1, i've got to change the rest. and to change all 4 wheels for another set of 18s will cost more than 150....so i dont really have a choice, the wheel does have a dent in it, whoch i'm sure is the main factor for the buckle, and then the pot holes dont help.

Ouch. 18s can buckle very easily. You need very low profile tyres if you have the original rolling radius, so there's not much to protect them from the bumps.

Personally my wallet wouldn't stand the cost of tyres, never mind having to replace / refurb the wheels on a regular basis.

dam-it, the f-in buckle has broken my rear caliper, the pin that holds the pad in place, got to wait 2 weeks (pay day) to get it sorted. 40 quid for a second hand caliper...might have a pop at it myself....unless i'm feeling lazy

got my brother to drive it down the road to see how bad the buckle is, its bad, the wheels all over the place...cant believe i drove that on the motor way.....a little over a ton.

looks like public transport it is for a few weeks.

and wat are we paying our road taxes for, was driving around today, the amount of pot holes i saw, every flippin road, its doing damage to my car, f-in government/council..... makes u think wat are they doing with our money, this credit crunch their talking about and house prices that no one can afford....you'd think they'll spend our money to get our economy in order.....but no....lets raise taxes.....stings em more in their wallets..... its ok for them to blow our money in other countries, but forget about us brits....

just a lil peeeeed off flippin pot holes

lower taxes, better schools, better nhs....its been a load of bull

and wat are we paying our road taxes for, was driving around today, the amount of pot holes i saw, every flippin road, its doing damage to my car, f-in government/council..... makes u think wat are they doing with our money, this credit crunch their talking about and house prices that no one can afford....you'd think they'll spend our money to get our economy in order.....but no....lets raise taxes.....stings em more in their wallets..... its ok for them to blow our money in other countries, but forget about us brits....

just a lil peeeeed off flippin pot holes

lower taxes, better schools, better nhs....its been a load of bull

Dude I'm with you on that, went down a pothole the other day buckled my front and back wheel, good thing is there's a place by me where they do quite reasonable prices on repairs, good luck mate.

If you know where the damage took place,(or find a hole :lol: ) take a picture of the hole and around it so the council are aware of where it is. Put a ruler or something else that shows the depth of the hole, assuming you hit the hole at night ;), present the evidence to the council and tell them you wish to put a claim in for the damage.

A Pal of mine works in an office for the roads dept and they're getting hammered people doing this as the roads are in such a poor state.

It cant hurt to try.

cabcurtains... now u tell me, i've just done some serious over time........lol... i know of this massive pot hole on a bend, only problem is that u can only take the corner at about 10-15mph max as its a 90 degre turn.

its the pot hole that did it, i'm sure one of them will be taking the blame.

snowdap....mate i hope urs aint as bad as mine, and trust me u dont want to drive it around or u'll do more damage.. i.e calipers and bearings. hope it dont sting u in the wallet, i'm sure i'll be able to send u the same pic of the pot hole in my area....lol....

thinking about quiting my day job to run for prime minister...lower taxes....i'm sure i'll have the support of every t-celica member.

• 3 weeks later...

well i've got the car back on the road today.

i didnt get the alloy repaired, instead i got 4, 5 spoke 17" alloys with rubber for £200.

i've put the 18" to one side for the time being. will get them repaired properly when i get the t sport

my jounger brother (a pulsar and starlet nutter) drove it today and offered 3 grand for it and wants to keep it. If he can cough up the money i'll let him have it for that price...family

well i've got a full tank...so time for a well earnt drive

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links