Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modifications

ajcluck

where can i buy a fmic and how much can i expect to pay?

I have a front mount intercooler. It is brandnew never been used. Only reason i'm selling is because it is oversized for my front bumper and wont fit. I drive an st185 it should fit an st205 however. Dimensions are 29"x11"x3" would be best for you to check the dimensions yourself as I am not 100%. All piping/clamps included. Leave message if interested i will give you all the specific details.

There isnt many 'bolt on' kits for the 205. Best bet is to source a core and get some piping made up to suit your car, or DIY using a pipe kit off eBay ;)

is there not a pulsar gti-r kit available that leaves you only needing to buy one or two corner pieces to complete the set-up?

yeah available from D2power.com. about £200 shipped and they make it so you don't get stung on import duty!

need a few bits of samco but it is about the best one without custom made pipework, which in aluminium is damn expensive

good quality core and a smaller drift core is available.

view here

like i say its not a direct fit but with a few cuts and some bits of samco it does go on pretty well. clocking the turbo helps the installation as well

"New Custom Made Bar and Plate Front Mount Polished Intercooler"

"Low pressure drop 0.2psi at 15psi 80 psi tested"

I take it they've sourced a different core since Adam got his then, said he can't get over 1 bar with his...

Sketchy, I think they use a different core now, but no idea if its any better...

cheers lads. i have looked at the pulsar fmic an it has given me the option of a gt universal for an extra $45, do i select this one? and what extras do i have to purchase to make it fit my car?

dunno what the difference is unless one is the smaller core? might be worth asking them.

they are using different cores now but i have one of the original ones in the rolla, holds a steady 1.8 bar with no issues so not sure why adams is so low. what tubby is he using?

adam's running a gt2876 B)

He got it from fennies didn't he? Do you know if it's a fennies hybrid or is it one of the HKS ball bearing ones?

if hes not getting more than a bar from that he has other issues not just the FMIC.

as said unless your aiming above 400-450bhp the stock CC setup is fine. if your looking at more than that you will need a lot more gubbins inside the engine like forged rods, i know cos a std rod failed in mine :crybaby:

adam's running a gt2876 B)

He got it from fennies didn't he? Do you know if it's a fennies hybrid or is it one of the HKS ball bearing ones?

Not sure of that one fella, it was sourced by Weston Performance who did the work for him, where they got it from I dunno :wacko:

Dawesy, I have forged rods :yahoo::lol:

yeah which ones? seem to have heard something about western performance but cant remember if it was bad :unsure:

i've only heard good things about Weston :)

Got Eagle rods in mine