Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cts Vs Gt Four

boabytsportin

hey guys on my own private road today when a past a celica gt four looked quite plain so dont assume it was the 205. on the first stretch he was behind me when we went for it and he slowly crept up on me. but when he was in front bang a just couldnt live with it can only assume it was modded as i wouldnt think the 185 and ma corolla would b 2 diffrent cheers

What year was it? did it have pop-up headlights?

Well ya coz all the gt4s have got more hp than ur corolla with exception of the st165. Turbo power!

L would make it a 205 iirc, even stock it has similar power at the wheels as you do at the fly hehe

Toyota dont make cars like they used to :D

L would make it a 205 iirc, even stock it has similar power at the wheels as you do at the fly hehe

o well gd 2 no that a was beatin by a better car!

Your grasp of the Queen's Tongue is at best, Child Like!!!

ye sorry to offend :o

fair enuff gt4's come with standard turbos but corolla's have enuff turbo kits to make um just as quick as a stock gt4 in a straight line ;)

fair enuff gt4's come with standard turbos but corolla's have enuff turbo kits to make um just as quick as a stock gt4 in a straight line ;)

Not that you'll find many stock GT4s.

Fensport know how to make a Corolla quicker than most GT4s though - in a straight line or on twisties.

Not that you'll find many stock GT4s.

Fensport know how to make a Corolla quicker than most GT4s though - in a straight line or on twisties.

Yeah by using a celica gt4's engine :lol:

jerry!!

so what you're saying is:

if Fensport can make a Corolla go faster than a GT4 by using GT4 parts, they could just as easily make a GT4 go faster than a GT4 using GT4 parts...

I'm confused!

Maybe Fensport chose a Corolla for their project as they needed the extra boot space when out shopping?

Sorry - I've nothing against the Corolla, but it is somewhat bland - just like all toyota's these days...

Ian

I would imagine the T-Sport when rolling would be quicker than a 185, Dont know about the 205's?? How much power is in them??? Arent GT4's a lot slower once rolling due to the weight and 4wd????

they have a higher power drain through the 4WD system but have a higher power to compensate, not going to get drawn into a 'my car is better' arguement as each of the cars have their own merits and soon enough the better half will have a Corolla and i will have another GT4 as we all know who makes the best cars :D

I wasn't saying it was easy, nor do I know why they did it. Because they could I guess.

They did the same with a Gen 7 Celica too.

But I agree - there are advantages and disadvantages to 4WD; each to their own.

I've always been a GT4 fan, but with with petrol prices the way they are, it's difficult for me to justify the cost of running one any more.

The Celica and Corolla VVTLi engines with FWD give most of the fun, with much lower running costs.

I would imagine the T-Sport when rolling would be quicker than a 185, Dont know about the 205's?? How much power is in them??? Arent GT4's a lot slower once rolling due to the weight and 4wd????

I would imagine stock to stock it would be close, but the torque curve of a turbo engine is so much higher I would imagine the 185 would still ease away :)

well 2day was the first time i have actually been able to appreciate the gt4 as an all round awesome car, before i have been to scared to through it round corners, but on an old private road i smoked the new ugly scooby wrx and an evo, so if fensport can make a carolla faster, then sign me up!

well 2day was the first time i have actually been able to appreciate the gt4 as an all round awesome car, before i have been to scared to through it round corners, but on an old private road i smoked the new ugly scooby wrx and an evo, so if fensport can make a carolla faster, then sign me up!

I part ex'd my t sport for a gt4st205 and I've never regreted it the gt4 is an amazing car it is super quick but at the same time comfortable on long journey's I have just done a 1000 mile round trip from Sunderland to Exeter and I got 380 miles from 1 tank of fuel so if driven sensibly can be good on fuel as well!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Ya Gt4's aren't so bad on gas if you drive like a civilized person. Only problem is that is hard to do when ur in one. Been looking around I gather that mpg/city is about 20-25 depending on ur right foot does that seem right or do u guys think otherwise?

yeah sounds about right