Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Windscren Wash Motor Problem

JLUC06

My Rear Windscreen Wash motor does not work anymore. I can't even hear the noise of the motor when I am trying to action it. The one for the Front Windscreen is working fine though.

Are the 2 different motor for the 2 Windscreens (I guess so..)

Where is the fuse located and where is the motor located ? How to identify it ?

Thanks for your help

I dont think its the fuse.

Your probably looking at a faulty motor.

Fuse location (i am not sure) But some are in the engine bay, the others are under / near the steering wheel rack

Most cars have one motor that spins in opposite directions to pump the water to the front or rear screen.

But I think the Avensis may be one of the exceptions to that rule and may have two motors.

The motors are usually a push fit in the side of the washer bottle itself. On some cars access is very simple, but on modern cars there's so much stuff under the bonnet that the access can be tricky - often the best route in is through the wheel arch liner.

If anyone has changed the washer bottle on an Avensis they'll be able to advise. Beware all your fluid will leak out when you remove the pump, so have something to catch it, or else do the job next time the bottle is empty.

Pumps usually about £50 from MR T.

• 3 weeks later...

Normally there is just one motor on the washer tank itself (a small back rectangle). Are you sure it's not blocked or anything.

Normally there is just one motor on the washer tank itself (a small back rectangle). Are you sure it's not blocked or anything.

there are 2 motors on the bottle (3 if you have headlamp cleaning) under the osf wheelarch behind the foglight area. they are just a pushfit intothe bottle the rear one has a red connector on the top. i have a spare one here if you interested, pm me

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links