Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ordered My Clear Bumper Lights...

CraigT

Ordered the official Toyota clear lights (ouch!) and a nice set of clear side repeaters.

Fitting them all seems straight forward enough but are there any little hidden pitfalls that I need to look out for?

Reckon they should look class instead of the current orange ones :)

I have a spare clear set that I would of sold to you mate... alot cheaper than toyota !...  oh well.

Damn! I dont mind too much though as they are a christmas present :)

I have a spare clear set that I would of sold to you mate... alot cheaper than toyota !... oh well.

didnt know this jim?

u mean u have clear side (toblerones)?, or the front sidelight and indicator assembly?

got the clear side repeaters this morning. Had been delivered to the next door neighbour 2 days ago grrr!

Anyway 5 mins later and they were all done..........look really good too.

Looking forward to the clear corners but these might not come until after xmas. I was told by fensport that there are a few seperate parts to them and that they dont have all the bits in stock.

I was under the impression that each clear corner would only be about 3 pieces maximum?

you have the main light cluster, the reflector, then the harness and bulbs (as the harness/bulbs are different).

All the rest you can re-use off your existing set really (bolts, screws etc).

you have the main light cluster, the reflector, then the harness and bulbs (as the harness/bulbs are different).

ah cheers mate :)

Is it an easy job? Do you reckon it will take me that long to do?

how are they different out of curiousity.

I just let my local jap place do it when I had the car in getting other stuff done. They said they had to modify the bulbs to fit etc.

Modify them how ??

You'll need a flat head screw driver and a phillips one .. takes about 30 seconds.

The bulbs are different is the fact that the ones on the old style are clear lights with an orange lense, and the latter are a clear lense with an orange bulb. Also the locking flanges are different to stop you using the wrong ones (i think).

Clear corner lights came today. They are official Toyota ones. Had a couple of minor problems which Ive listed below just in case anyone is planning on getting clear corners soon.

I have a rev 3 Mk2.

1) Didnt come with any orange bulbs (these are sold as seperate parts)

2) Orange bulbs have the little notches in a different place so they do not connect to the bulb sockets correctly - clicked in with a bit of effort but dont think this will cause any problems (does anyone know why these are different by the way and how did everyone else work around this?)

3) The sockets that the bulbs connect to do not fit into the clear light clusters correctly but are okay with a bit of fiddling (there are three gaps on the main light cluster, one of these is a slightly different size so you have to squeeze the socket a bit to get it to slot in. Once its in you can then turn the socket to lock it into place in the light cluster).

Apart from that they are in and look great. Will post a piccy as soon as I can clean the car. Overall the clear corners and clear side repeaters make the car look much better, mainly because the car is white and the old orange lenses stood out too much. The glitches that I listed above were more annoying and pointless rather than problematic.

As I said
as the harness/bulbs are different

But hey ..

Sorry mate, didnt quite grasp that one until I experienced it for myself. And when I had posted the problems I had encountered I had been drinking a few christmas bevvy's :blink:

Guess I have to learn the hard way :unsure:

Xmas bevvies are the best .. falling asleep in front of the telly mid afternoon ..

Oh yes! I passed out in front of the telly on Christmas day, like an old peoples home it was :)

In fact Im having a few right now, and tomorrow, and probably the day after too.....best keep clear of that t-toped sports car outside for a few days eh?

On mtte, i've just seen some rev3 rear lights, in balck - which is what i need, £221 quid or somat like that. Do they use the existing wiring and lights/sockets or do i need to buy different ones to use with these lights??

Also, ive been readingt the above posts about the front/sidelights replacements with the clear kind...if i buy them from Toyota, will they fit them ok - whats all this about having to drill holes and ****??? Help me - need guidance!!!

Cheers

Adam

On mtte, i've just seen some rev3 rear lights, in balck - which is what i need, £221 quid or somat like that.  Do they use the existing wiring and lights/sockets or do i need to buy different ones to use with these lights??

Also, ive been readingt the above posts about the front/sidelights replacements with the clear kind...if i buy them from Toyota, will they fit them ok - whats all this about having to drill holes and ****???  Help me - need guidance!!!

Cheers

Adam

The rev3 lights use the same wiring etc.. although you have to extend some of it .. ... easy to do. I used bullet style clips and some wire from Halfords.

It's all pretty straight forward mate. You need to beat the back panel of the car to get the new centre panel to fit though as there's no space for the reverse lights on the rev1. I used a hammer and just gave it some welly !! Worked a treat. The bootlock will now not sit flush tho... it will be set back a little and you will be unable to use it. I got a rev3 bootlock from Toyota and fitted it... it does sit flush... but for some reason or other it's at a slight angle so I still can't use it... well I can.. but I'd scrape the paint on the centre panel.

So my rear bootlock is for emergencys only... if the cable release ever brakes.

For the clear lights.... you may need to file some gaps for the bulbs 3 pins to fit in... if that makes sense.

Finally got some nice weather today so I was able to take some new pics of the 2 with its clear bumper and side repeater lights fitted.

I'll change the avatar for you to see when I get home. Is there any good places on the web that can host my other pics so that I can post them on here?

TOC gallery? Pizzaboy posted a thread in the main "general" section about this the other day ..