Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Engine Noise

rp2709

Hi

Any suggestions on this - my 2001 140hp vvti celica is lovely and smooth, except when holding the revs steady at above 3000rpm in the lower gears (like when waiting for a chance to overtake). Then there is a rattling noise, I suspect from the cam chain. The noise disappears if I accelerate, or change gear to keep below 3000 rpm. This has got no worse in 10000 miles since I bought the car. Is this noise typical?

Thanks

hi, ive got the same model and i know i dont get any noises from mine at anytime so think you mite have a problem there matey.

I have exactly the same problem, I see on other threads people are talking about the heat shield rattling, but I'm not convinced as I can't see anything rattling or vibrating when looking under the bonnet, I suspect the big end but when you start the celica up there's no rattle just at 3k revs and above

Let me know if you find what it is, mines going in to the mechanic on Monday so il keep you posted

Hi,

I have a mk 7 celica too and but mines a 1999 but it makes the same noise but it doesnt affect th performance just abit annoying knowing its there. let me know how u got on mate.

mR b.G

ouch, mines now developed throughout the rev range and i have been told it is the big end bearing

its a bit odd considering it doesn't burn any oil and that i check the oil regularly

i was also told that the light knocking noise i had before is the first signs of it

does anyone know how much this is going to cost to get repaired? and if so who is the best person to go to, im in leicester

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links