Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Banzai! - Crail

Andie_M

Love to but more important things to attend to. Hopefully retention of third place in the SPL!!

Enjoy the day, people. I hope I will. ;)

was a good day up there! crackin weather for a change!

i sold my soul out, and head up in my dads red honda s2000 for the day :)

saw HEAPS of toyotas though... so come on... who were ya!

there was a crackin mr2, black one runnin low 12's on the strip, also a yellow spyder, but i can't remember what it ran.

x

Hi guys

I missed this thread - sorry.

I got to Crail at 9am and lined up after registering as driver no 12. The results are up on the Crail website - Ian Strachan.

Had 3 runs and really enjoyed it. I'd had a front wheel bearing replaced during the week by Marc at The Garage in Motherwell altho the hub is bgrd. After the 2nd run, I heard clunks and so by the 3rd run, decided it was time to head off before it became a tow job. Marc checked the car for me on Monday and it was actually the rear box on the exhaust had blown its welds front and back.

I knew there was a problem as the 1/8 mile speed was 75mph ish and the 1/4 mile end speed was only 89.4mph. The best time I got was 15.4 seconds, although my launch time was 2.2 which I was happy at given it was my first crack at it.

The RAV4 goes into get the rear exhaust box changed to a straight thru; and I'm getting lightweight alloys next week as well. I'm really looking forward to going back to Crail and give the car another good run. With the 3SGTE performing well and the transmission holding up, I still haven't tried the run with the diff lock on !!

I would have liked to meet some of you, but I left early just to get back in 1 bit! As it happened I had panicked as it was just the welds on the front and back of the rear exhaust box had split!

If you see me again, its the silver 94 RAV 3 door - I'm a tad shy cos I'm about 3x the age of everyone else there ----- but it was a great day!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links