Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Come On, Who Has The Highest Mileage Aygo?

hora

Not sure if people are still reading this thread. Do you want me to continue with my posts ?

137,000 now. Thought I'd do a mpg test. For the last week, I have been carefully driving trying to keep to 50mph on the motorway. On a work journey, about 25 miles is on the motorway, and 8 miles through London. I used 43.24 litres of desil. This equates to 6.79 Gallons. I got 544.1 Miles for this. So :

544.1 divide by 6.79 = 80.1 MPG Yep. 80.1 mpg. Car is about 5 years old now. Very happy !

Keep going Chris I'm amazed at your mileage and you're a great advert for the Aygo's reliability :thumbsup:

Mine is currently at 65,000 miles and still going :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

140,000 Mile service and all is well. I now have to have a timing belt or chain renewed. Cost I've been quoted is £930 by nmy local Toyota dealer in Bracknell where I've had ALL my servicing and faults done. Apparently a 6 hour job. I've rung around other Toyota dealers and they are allo coming out the same near enougg. Guess I'll have to swallow this unless anyone has any suggestions. This is by far the most expensive thing I will have had done to my lovely money saving Desil Aygo.

Why does the timing CHAIN need to be replaced? Can you hear it rattling? If you don't it should still be fine.

My previous car was a Nissan 100NX and that developed a chain-rattle at allmost 190.000mi.

In my maintenance-schedule for the Aygo the timing chain isn't even mentioned...

The Belt driving the A/C Waterpump and Alternator isn't even checked for the first 60.000mi!

• Like 1

Why does the timing CHAIN need to be replaced?

Can you hear it rattling? If you don't it should still be fine.

In my maintenance-schedule for the Aygo the timing chain isn't even mentioned.

It is in the maintenance schedule for diesels only - at 10 years or 150,000 miles and it's a timing belt, not a timing chain.

Failure to change the timing belt could result in a catastrophic engine failure and great expense.

But in no way would I spend £900+ for a belt replacement - that must be more than the value of a car with that mileage !

I would sell the car now, before the timing belt snaps.

• 2 weeks later...

The diesel had a PSA engine so it was pap anyway :P

(Still say they should have used a D4D! :yahoo:)

I could be wrong, but I think the diesel was designed jointly by Ford and PSA. It's the same engine as the Duratorqe 1.4. found in the Fiesta.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if people are still reading this thread. Do you want me to continue with my posts ?

137,000 now. Thought I'd do a mpg test. For the last week, I have been carefully driving trying to keep to 50mph on the motorway. On a work journey, about 25 miles is on the motorway, and 8 miles through London. I used 43.24 litres of desil. This equates to 6.79 Gallons. I got 544.1 Miles for this. So :

544.1 divide by 6.79 = 80.1 MPG Yep. 80.1 mpg. Car is about 5 years old now. Very happy !

Keep going Chris I'm amazed at your mileage and you're a great advert for the Aygo's reliability :thumbsup:

+ 1 - in fact Chris i reckon your car deserves a thread of its own with pictures and other good stuff :toast:

Red diesel

Cheers Bob. Well, I decided to spend the money and at 141,000 have had the timing belt changed for about £750.00 . They did quote me £900 but took off £150 for loyalty. All running lovely. I LOVE MY AYGO. 5 years now, and it's the longest I've ever owned a car. If only they had kept the diesil model going (which is what I have) I would have traded in by now. No idea what I'm gonne get next. I would like electric but at 100 miles range they just are not there yet with the Battery technology. Am hoping to get another 5 years or about 140,000 miles out of this one.

Cheers Bob. Well, I decided to spend the money and at 141,000 have had the timing belt changed for about £750.00 . They did quote me £900 but took off £150 for loyalty. All running lovely. I LOVE MY AYGO. 5 years now, and it's the longest I've ever owned a car. If only they had kept the diesil model going (which is what I have) I would have traded in by now. No idea what I'm gonne get next. I would like electric but at 100 miles range they just are not there yet with the battery technology. Am hoping to get another 5 years or about 140,000 miles out of this one.

I didn't realise they had stopped making the diesel, i guess an option would be a low mileage example from a main dealer....if there are any .

Cheers Bob. Well, I decided to spend the money and at 141,000 have had the timing belt changed for about £750.00 . They did quote me £900 but took off £150 for loyalty. All running lovely. I LOVE MY AYGO. 5 years now, and it's the longest I've ever owned a car. If only they had kept the diesil model going (which is what I have) I would have traded in by now. No idea what I'm gonne get next. I would like electric but at 100 miles range they just are not there yet with the battery technology. Am hoping to get another 5 years or about 140,000 miles out of this one.

I didn't realise they had stopped making the diesel, i guess an option would be a low mileage example from a main dealer....if there are any .

Right quick look on Toyota UK used cars, just one diesel in the whole of the UK .

• 3 weeks later...

Another 2 new tyres on the front at 76,000.

JESUS, <7000 for mine, I must drive like a complete spanner.

142,000 and I've noticed a little bit of paint bubbling (probably rust underneath), just under where the high level brake light is at the top of the rear of the car. Won't do anything about this me thinks. in fact, the car does now have a few little dentts here and there, and I've never bothered to have any of them done. Don't see the point with the cost of bodyworks nowadays.

post-38277-0-39598900-1310761526_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

142,000 and I've noticed a little bit of paint bubbling (probably rust underneath), just under where the high level brake light is at the top of the rear of the car. Won't do anything about this me thinks. in fact, the car does now have a few little dentts here and there, and I've never bothered to have any of them done. Don't see the point with the cost of bodyworks nowadays.

The Aygo comes with 9 years corrosion warranty if i remember correctly. So you may be able to get that fixed for free if you take it to your local main dealer.

2009 model Toyota Aygo Platinum purchased late Dec 2010 from Bristol Toyota with 1800. My car being the platinum has the half leather half alcantara interior and Air con. The dealer even threw in a Tom Tom.

I travel 130 miles per day for work (65 miles each way) so quite a few miles. All my service and maintanence will be and has been carried out by the Toyota main dealer.

So far…

10k miles in march, first service went fine.

20k miles in june Second service with again no issues but front tyres have been replaced at 20500 Rears are half worn.

The little car is going great and I have so far found no issues, I travel a lot of dual carrigeway, motorway and country roads and I do not find this car struggles (its actually quite fun on the lanes). Keeping momentum for hills helps. Overall I am pleased with my purchase and I find the car more comfy and easier to drive than previously owned bigger cars

current mileage 22890

Right quick look on Toyota UK used cars, just one diesel in the whole of the UK .

Only 769 left on the road

How Many Left Website

versus 74,674 for petrol versions.

The fact that the diesel Aygo was outsold by about 100 to 1 says nothing about its qualities as a car. I expect the ratio to drop in favour of the diesel over the coming years.

My petrol Aygo has done over 50,000 miles with nothing more than routine servicing plus some replacement consumables. I'm not planning on changing the car any time soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chris - it looks like your rust is on the main body work of the car - i would take Leekys advice and look into what Anti rust gurantee is on the car and see if it can be sorted. Even if you have to pay for repairs - hopefully if its caught early the repair bill should be manageable. If its not fixed id be worried it might spread :crybaby:

The Aygo comes with 9 years corrosion warranty if i remember correctly. So you may be able to get that fixed for free if you take it to your local main dealer.

2009 model Toyota Aygo Platinum purchased late Dec 2010 from Bristol Toyota with 1800. My car being the platinum has the half leather half alcantara interior and Air con. The dealer even threw in a Tom Tom.

I travel 130 miles per day for work (65 miles each way) so quite a few miles. All my service and maintanence will be and has been carried out by the Toyota main dealer.

So far…

10k miles in march, first service went fine.

20k miles in june Second service with again no issues but front tyres have been replaced at 20500 Rears are half worn.

The little car is going great and I have so far found no issues, I travel a lot of dual carrigeway, motorway and country roads and I do not find this car struggles (its actually quite fun on the lanes). Keeping momentum for hills helps. Overall I am pleased with my purchase and I find the car more comfy and easier to drive than previously owned bigger cars

current mileage 22890

On course for 40 000 miles in 12 months so Aygostu, incidentally does anyone remember the presumable spoof story carried in what car a number of years ago about the manager of a Security Firm who did ridiculously high mileage in a Suzuki Wagon R. It was in an April edition of What car so i always assumed it was an aprils fools story. Some chap called Jason if i remember correctly

Red diesel

• 3 months later...

Well I had the rust done free of charge under warrantee. Also took a knock from a stupid woman who ran into my rear side. All sorted under her insurance and looks like new.

Also, just got to 150,000 . Will need 2 new tyres in a couple of weeks. Apart from that, all running well.

• Like 1

Well I had the rust done free of charge under warrantee. Also took a knock from a stupid woman who ran into my rear side. All sorted under her insurance and looks like new.

Also, just got to 150,000 . Will need 2 new tyres in a couple of weeks. Apart from that, all running well.

That's some mileage!

Are your tyres lasting 20,000 miles still?

David

Yes David.About 23,000 miles the front ones last for.

That sounds good - what make do you use?

David