Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So Come On, Who Has The Highest Mileage Aygo?

hora

186140 miles

2006 aygo 

image.jpg

Edited by KamilO
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering buying a 55 plate 98 thousand miles top spec what would you pay 

• 2 months later...

09 plate 1L,108k, engine shaking a bit in bay but drives fine. Should i be worried?

• 2 months later...

I also faced a vibration problem but they solved in the workshop. My aygo from 2010 has 170.000 km (105k miles) and has not let me down. Runs on petrol, not diesel. 

I don't want another model. Aygo forever. Wonder how many miles I have left though but was very happy with this thread. Thanks guys. 

• Like 1

This problem was the most expensive to fix yet (around 450 euro+oil+minor stuff) 

IMG-20200510-WA0000.jpeg

• 1 month later...

196k here on a 58 plate base model... amazing little car.. on its third clutch tho..

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Got a 07 diesel Aygo that's just hit 153,000 miles and still running smoothly. Amazing car!

• 3 weeks later...

Its amazing just reading the comments over the years to see how reliable the Aygo really is. Hopefully the mk2's (2014 - 2021) are just as reliable as the older models!

Mine on the other hand is 2015 - On 34k miles at the moment and not a single issue!

• 6 months later...

I've got a 2012 Aygo with 87,000 miles on the clock, bought it in 2014 with 10,000 miles. I've replaced the front brake discs and pads at 30,000 miles, the exhaust back box fell off with a broken mounting stud at around 34,000 miles replaced that, the exhaust center pipe mounting stud broke at around 83,000 miles and the new back box rusted a hole at around 84,000 miles. I replaced the back box and spray painted it and greased all of the mounting studs on that and the center pipe and also copper greased the joining welds on the center pipe. I replaced the roll bar drop links around 70,000 miles but was stupid and got cheap ones so they now need replacing again and so do the front pads and discs. Also tyres seem to wear in about 25-30k miles... I've averaged 69mpg from the day I bought it. rear Brake pipes corroded and completely replaced at around 84,000 miles

I do have a diary with everything I've done as I've done it all myself. The only thing another mechanic did on my car was the brake pipes, I service the car roughly every 5,000 miles. They're extremely easy cars to work on though!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mikes1992u said:

I've got a 2012 Aygo with 87,000 miles on the clock, bought it in 2014 with 10,000 miles. I've replaced the front brake discs and pads at 30,000 miles, the exhaust back box fell off with a broken mounting stud at around 34,000 miles replaced that, the exhaust center pipe mounting stud broke at around 83,000 miles and the new back box rusted a hole at around 84,000 miles. I replaced the back box and spray painted it and greased all of the mounting studs on that and the center pipe and also copper greased the joining welds on the center pipe. I replaced the roll bar drop links around 70,000 miles but was stupid and got cheap ones so they now need replacing again and so do the front pads and discs. Also tyres seem to wear in about 25-30k miles... I've averaged 69mpg from the day I bought it. rear Brake pipes corroded and completely replaced at around 84,000 miles

I do have a diary with everything I've done as I've done it all myself. The only thing another mechanic did on my car was the brake pipes, I service the car roughly every 5,000 miles. They're extremely easy cars to work on though!

That's comforting to see nothing major at 87k on clock. Mine's on around 48k.

Have replaced back box twice and front discs and pads twice (more for my peace of mind, than actually knackered)

I do some pre-emptive maintenance on the brake pipes, exhaust and suspension, twice yearly though. I get underneath and ACF-50 all the brake pipes and union joints, Also ACF-50 the exhaust and mounting fixings. Supension parts get the ACF-50 treatment too, as well as any rubber parts with silicone grease.

• 4 months later...
On 1/31/2020 at 5:28 PM, KamilO said:

186140 miles

2006 aygo 

image.jpg

Have you ever replaced the timing chain? I know they say it'll last the life of the engine but I'm thinking of maybe getting it changed at 150k assuming everything is still in working order.

1 hour ago, Mikes1992u said:

Have you ever replaced the timing chain? I know they say it'll last the life of the engine but I'm thinking of maybe getting it changed at 150k assuming everything is still in working order.

If there are no problems at all then perhaps just keep going without replacing it, only regular oil changes and if the car last another 50k or more then after u may just replace the car or the whole engine. 👍 That’s what I will do with mine. 👌🏁

• Like 1

If you've been giving it regular good quality oil changes and there're no signs of problems like the chain rattling then IMHO it's not worth the risk of something getting messed up while doing it as it's quite a big job - A lot more involved than changing e.g. a timing belt!

If you do get it done, make sure you get some sort of written guarantee in case something breaks as a result of it - Decent garages usually guarantee their work for at least a year.

• Like 1

My 07 is on 199560 miles and all running really smoothly 🙂

• Like 3

The website in Holland I quoted before did an other test on an old vehicle citybug with more than 450.000 km on it and still not at the end of it's life.
The owner did all maintenance since it was 2 years old (or skipped some things).
The things I remember he said he replaced were waterpump, catalyser, clutch, ...
It seems he never used the possibility to adjust the clutch.

One comment from the test : 'how does this budget car drive ?  Like a budget car ... it sucks !!' or 'it's a way of self-torture if you want to drive this car'

The owner held on to it way too long.

Maybe a good thing would be to replace some suspension parts after 200.000 km + the driver seat but who does this on a really old car with already high mileage.
It would give the owner a more comfortable driving car though.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

That was quite an interesting read. I'm probably not really the average person of my generation but personally I think we have been taught allot more about reducing waste and this is maybe reflected in car ownership statistics.

My view is why get a new car when the one I have is perfectly fine? I'm a fully qualified mechanic and Aygos are an exceptionally easy car to work on. It's my first car when I was 22 years old, I'm now 30 and still have the same car and have no intention of getting rid of it, in my view though I know the full history from when I bought it with 10,000 miles on the clock which is now ~92,500 miles and I can't imagine I would be confident a used car with the same mileage would be as reliable and well looked after as mine. I'm hoping when I do need a new car (when it's uneconomical to repair) that the used car market for EVs has matured and you can get one for a reasonable price with a decent range (which Imo is 120+ miles including Battery degration, I think at the moment the ones in my price range have 30-60 miles range left in their packs).

The only thing that's worrying me now is that the oil companies are starting to play their end game, meaning they're no longer investing to meet oil consumption demand with one goal to maximize profits before they disappear, people are still buying ICEs which means the price of fuel is going to go absolutely crazy if demand doesn't peak anytime soon so we may have no other choice then to scrap or limit use of petrol and diesel consuming cars. 

• Like 1

You could hope in a while retrofit electrifification kits are made for the aygo. I do love retrofit ... if they have a decent amount of miles to go on one load .

It's less waste, new engine, Electric powered and you would be getting rid of the terrible clutch design the aygo is now equipped with.

34 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

You could hope in a while retrofit electrifification kits are made for the aygo. I do love retrofit ... if they have a decent amount of miles to go on one load .

It's less waste, new engine, Electric powered and you would be getting rid of the terrible clutch design the aygo is now equipped with.

There are quite few companies now in uk offering ev conversion kits, they fit to all sizes cars, not sure the range for Aygo will be as its a small car. Tbh as little you drive less matter what fuel you are using. Unless you are driving exclusively in city centres where Evs are best no need for conversion. There are plenty of small electric cars available too. 👍

Remember there was a company that converted a load of first gen Citroen C1s to EV few years ago, no idea of cost or range, but they were flogging off the brand new engines they removed. To be honest not sure if it was a good idea cos back then the whole idea of these little cars were they were cheap to buy and run, easy to maintain and good on fuel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Puglet said:

Remember there was a company that converted a load of first gen Citroen C1s to EV few years ago, no idea of cost or range, but they were flogging off the brand new engines they removed. To be honest not sure if it was a good idea cos back then the whole idea of these little cars were they were cheap to buy and run, easy to maintain and good on fuel.

We purchased an Aygo recently because we were just not doing the miles anymore, we did consider going to EV but could not afford the extra cost.  Even with the higher price of fuel the Aygo is costing us around £15 a month and that is filling up with E5, so not much saving to be had.

• Like 3

I toyed with the idea of EV-converting my Mk2 but the conversion costs are a lot more than e.g. LPG costs (The figures I was getting back were more than what I paid for the Mk4!!), and the range would have been useless to me. I'm still waiting for these 400% better batteries to appear!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

2016 Aygo 120,000 miles and counting.  Just had factory clutch replaced 

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links