Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Come On, Who Has The Highest Mileage Aygo?

hora

I have just under 28,000 on my 20 month old black petrol Aygo (had it for 2 1/2 mths).

I do pretty much exactly 400 miles a week commuting between Newcastle and Middlesbrough and spend approx £40/week on petrol at the mo. I laugh when I see the fuel bills of other drivers in the queue at the petrol station!

• Like 1

60,000 so far ! Diesel model.Just coming up to 2 years old.No problems at all.LOVE THE CAR.My car before this was a Land Rover Defender, so the running costs of the Aygo to me are peanuts. - Had intended replacing with the same, but Toyota is no longer doing Diesel, so looks like I'm gonna hang onto this one.I'm aware Citroen still do the diesel, but I really don't like the brand, and have been very impressed with my treatment by Toyota. Apart from servicing, all I've had to buy is 4 new tyres.The front ones wore out far quicker than the rear. Front tyres replaced at about 40,000, Back at 59,000.Brake pads down now to about 60%. Have also replaces both headlight bulbs - which are a real pain to change. Very awkward positioning of spring holders.

Have you thought of replacing with the petrol model?

Our dealer told us that the savings on fuel consumption compared to the petrol didn't warrant them keeping the diesel model going.

50000miles already! had it 2 and a half yrs and yes no problems apart from the exhaust keeps going! only twice tho and its overdue a very expensive service and needs 3 new tyres!!!! moneyyyyyyyyyy

• 1 month later...

Hi again.

Just coming up to 70,000, and had my first big problem.

Was on my way to work, and car suddenly started feeling rough.I could still drive it, but lack of power. Had to call out RAC as the fault light came on and, according to the book, you have to take it straight to Toyota dealer.Called out RAC - VERY QUICK AND VERY HELPFUL, who tell me there is a problem with one of the injectors. Towed me back home (35 miles).Oddly, already booked into Toyota in 2 days (Monday) for a 70,000 service.Will keep you posted on the outcome.RAC man actually said ou don't see many Toyota's being towed.Had the car just over 2 years now.

• Like 1

Ive just hit 1000 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in four months since new

22 mile journey to work and back, but I use my motorbike most days

i get between 230 and 290 miles from £25 of petrol

no real problems with the car

70,000 miles.

Car fixed ! Apparently something had broken off a wiring loom to do with one of the injectors.Not repairable - so had to have a new wiring loom.

At the same time, have had a new headlight bulb (That's the 3rd now in 2 years of driving every night of the week to work- I work nights), and also a 70k service. Total cost for all this was £530.It's a lot of cash - BUT - before the Aygo I had a Land Rover and that just ate money, so I'm not too bothered.By changing down to an Aygo I have saved about £350 - £400 PER MONTH !

They tell me brakes are 60% worn on front and 40% on back. Havn't chamged these at all yet.Front tyres will need to be replaced soon. I have already replaced these once.Seem to be getting about 35,000 miles out of a set of fronts and about 50,000 on the back.

Am getting about 75 mpg on average driving fairly carefully 55 - 65 mph. Diesil.

• Like 1

Had my Blue for just under a year and done 17860 really fun miles so far.

Traded down from a Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX that was doing the same mileage and costing a hell of a lot more each month!

Hoping to get some nice alloys for it in December and a few subtle mods next year.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Another 2 new tyres on the front at 76,000. Everything running OK (except had to call out RAC to get the wheel off.I couldn't budge the nuts.Felt a right idiot - untill RAC man told me I would never have got them off on my own. Broke the brace trying to loosen them.Front tyres seem to last about 37,000 each time.3 tyres (I changed the spare as well) cost me £133 from Bracknell Tyres.Is that good ?

Another 2 new tyres on the front at 76,000. Everything running OK (except had to call out RAC to get the wheel off.I couldn't budge the nuts.Felt a right idiot - untill RAC man told me I would never have got them off on my own. Broke the brace trying to loosen them.Front tyres seem to last about 37,000 each time.3 tyres (I changed the spare as well) cost me £133 from Bracknell Tyres.Is that good ?

Nice! I'm on 43,000 at the moment. Also run diesel. This peugeot/citroen engine won an award for low cylinder wear, so it looks like you'll be confident to reach the 150,000 timing belt change without drama.

Poor diesel aygo sales weren't helped by the fuel figures: We were told told low 60s mpg for petrol and high 60s for diesel. In real world driving it seems to be 50s for petrol and low 70s for diesel. This dicrepancy may have convinced some people that the £1000 premium for the diesel wasn't viable.

• Like 1

3 tyres (I changed the spare as well) cost me £133 from Bracknell Tyres.Is that good ?

A girl at work has just forked over £145 for ONE tyre for her Dodge Caliber, so I'd say we're laughing :thumbsup:

I'm on 17,800-ish after two and a half years- usually get 400 miles per tank but I dunno if I'm gonna manage that this month- the gauge seems to be going down much quicker than usual. Mind you, there have been some ultra-cold mornings where I've left the engine running to demist while I do the outside of the car.

Only problem I've had is a V-Belt replaced under warranty. The power-steering was creaking on full-lock for a while but that seems to have gone away. Might be cold weather v warm weather, will see if it rears its ugly head again next year.

• 4 months later...

Approaching 87,000 and all is well.

Agree on the mpg's. Most I've had is about 75mpg and it involved very careful driving - max speeds 55 mph.

Still VERY happy with this car.Looked at the IQ - but I'm getting more mpg on my diesil Aygo then it will get on the IQ with it's petrol engine. Besides, I think the IQ is way over priced.

post-24209-1240397099_thumb.jpg

Still running fine. Had one clutch, and one set of brake pads plus 10k services, oh and loads of tyres.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just coming up to 98,000. Front wheel drivers side has developed a quiet whine which gets louder if I turn left, and quieter if I turn right. Has been booked in for the week after next.Toyota Bracknell (Octagon) say it sounds like a whel bearing on it's way out.No other problems.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Whine was indeed the wheel bearing. £330. Whine sorted - Still making a noise as if there is a label stuck to the tyre at slow speeds. To be looked at next week along with the 100,000 service.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Still very happy with my Aygo. Now over 4 years old. 120,000 mile service showed up 2 distorted rear tyres with plenty of tread - so replaced at the garages recommendation. They say it was possible to get a blow out because of this.They couldn't tell me why the tyres had done this. I had not noticed anything.

Getting a bit of a noise now from the front. Garage says it's due to age of car and mileage. Something to do with some rubber thing drying out.They could replace it - but told me not neccesary as nothing is leaking. They greased it - but made no difference. It's like a quiet rubbing sound you can only hear when driving slowly in the middle of the night with windows open.Gets slower and faster with the movement of the car.The faster you go, the less you can hear it. As I've been told it's safe, it doesn't bother me.

122,000 Miles. Got stick at a garage 3 nights ago. Had filled up, got back in, and car wouldn't start. Guessed the Battery had died, as other electrical stuff was working, but not properly (electric windows very slow). AA confirmed this (arrived to my aid within 30 mins), replaced Battery for £68, and all has been fine since. So Battery died at 122,000.

Mates keep telling me it's time to buy a new car, but the reliability of this Toyota I have been very pleased with so far. Roll on the next 100,000

• Like 1

For some reason, all the reviews I'd seen panned the diesel Aygo.

Having bought a diesel Yaris, I don't understand why; IIRC, the diesel Aygo has the same engine as my Yaris, so on an Aygo it should shift like a ferret on a sugar rush :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

127,500 Miles. 2 more new front tyres. The noise that has been occuring as mentioned above has stopped with the fitting of the 2 new front tyres, so I guess that's what the problem was before. Should really have changed them a couple of thousand miles away looking at the tread ! Do tyres make a funny noise when they are worn down ? All running well.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Not sure if people are still reading this thread. Do you want me to continue with my posts ?

137,000 now. Thought I'd do a mpg test. For the last week, I have been carefully driving trying to keep to 50mph on the motorway. On a work journey, about 25 miles is on the motorway, and 8 miles through London. I used 43.24 litres of desil. This equates to 6.79 Gallons. I got 544.1 Miles for this. So :

544.1 divide by 6.79 = 80.1 MPG Yep. 80.1 mpg. Car is about 5 years old now. Very happy !

25000miles and its 1year old exactly ;)

Nothing broken, nothing fallen off. No rattle, squeeks or anything.

Getting 500miles per tank going up and down the m4 every day.

Interesting..... 500 per tank, can I ask how your driving? I'm new to this Aygo malarkey as is my car, most of my driving is on motorways at a max 60/70, 20 miles each way to work. Only managed 336 out of my first tank full....................

I drive approx 3000 - 3500 miles per month. Bought second hand at 35K now has 46K. Average about 55-57mpg.

Will drive it until it is beyond economic repair.

Mine will pass 100.000km (±60.000mi) within the next couple of weeks, probably even this month....

about 300 miles short of 50k and 5 years old on 7th July :)