Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Come On, Who Has The Highest Mileage Aygo?

hora

I wish I could make a clutch last that long... mine typically lasted maybe 30-40k!! :crybaby: 

I wonder who on here has had the longest lasting clutch!!! :laugh: 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I wish I could make a clutch last that long... mine typically lasted maybe 30-40k!! :crybaby: 

I wonder who on here has had the longest lasting clutch!!! :laugh: 

The one who does the longest journeys on the motorway. 🛣👌 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cyker said:

So you're saying you then? :laugh: 

No, not me. I haven’t driven Aygo and never actually brought a car to that high mileage. I know someone who had Peugeot 208 from 2009, 1.4 diesel. He drove it up to 475000 miles, he only ever changed the clutch at 350k, and rear springs around that time. He sold the car with most of its  original suspension, turbo and exhaust system. Before he got rid of it the car started to be temperament, often refuses to start. , but after so many years of trouble free service. Well done to him and the car 👍

• Like 1

Wow that guy deserves some sort of medal! :eek: 

Not just for the insane clutch life, but that he got a peugeot to survive over 400k miles! :laugh: 

• Like 2

And that he suffered and punished himself to still drive it when it had 400k+ miles. It can't have been fun to drive any more after this high mileage.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, haelewyn said:

And that he suffered and punished himself to still drive it when it had 400k+ miles. It can't have been fun to drive any more after this high mileage.

The car was in great condition outside and inside with almost no visible dents, bodywork damage or anything. The interior had some little bit more wear to the driver seat, gear lever and steering wheel as to be expected, but nothing really to scream high mileage old banger car.
The guy who bought it of him was the mechanic who was looking after this car through the years and he passed this Peugeot to his daughter to learn to drive.  All that happened in 2020, don’t know if the car is still a survival, but I know It’s not a myth as I work with this man and see him every day., plus I always asked him to see the odometer, perhaps I got inspired from him and his car and decided to try my luck with my auris 👍

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just passed 100,000 miles. Just looked at my service history and realised my air filter is 2,000 miles overdue though! xD can't imagine it'll be that big of a deal.

I recently changed the gearbox oil and changed the coolant using the official coolant the car originally came with (which was a 100,000/10y coolant, I will probably drop to 60,000 miles for the next change though). Also finally got round to changing the Auxiliary belt for the first time! I didn't realise they was on the service schedule so I guess 100,000 miles / 10 years wasn't bad going.

20221107_121827.thumb.jpg.08730effa13599ba263130dc9586b651.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/10/2022 at 6:53 AM, Mikes1992u said:

Just passed 100,000 miles. Just looked at my service history and realised my air filter is 2,000 miles overdue though! xD can't imagine it'll be that big of a deal.

I recently changed the gearbox oil and changed the coolant using the official coolant the car originally came with (which was a 100,000/10y coolant, I will probably drop to 60,000 miles for the next change though). Also finally got round to changing the Auxiliary belt for the first time! I didn't realise they was on the service schedule so I guess 100,000 miles / 10 years wasn't bad going.

20221107_121827.thumb.jpg.08730effa13599ba263130dc9586b651.jpg

Well done 👍 

You can do coolant at every 50k miles after the first change at 100k , this is what Toyota recommends for their hybrids and should work for you too. Good you had used their own coolant, perhaps ready mix ones are the best. You can do transmission fluid at the same time every 50k miles. Don’t forget to change your spark plugs at 60k, air filter 20-30k miles and cabin filter if you have one fitted at every 10k miles especially if you drive in town with a lots of congestion. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2022 at 9:29 AM, TonyHSD said:

Well done 👍 

You can do coolant at every 50k miles after the first change at 100k , this is what Toyota recommends for their hybrids and should work for you too. Good you had used their own coolant, perhaps ready mix ones are the best. You can do transmission fluid at the same time every 50k miles. Don’t forget to change your spark plugs at 60k, air filter 20-30k miles and cabin filter if you have one fitted at every 10k miles especially if you drive in town with a lots of congestion. 

I was silly and threw away the Iridium plugs at 20,000 miles, I didn't realise they was fitted as standard. Since then I've been doing plugs every 20,000 miles but just got some denso iridium's for my next service so they won't be due till 163,000 miles. I just need to remember not to change them at the recommended 20,000 miles for standard nickel? plugs

What mileage do you guys change the brake fluid ?

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 6:58 PM, haelewyn said:

What mileage do you guys change the brake fluid ?

By the book is every two years, in reality easily every 4 years. Mileage wise perhaps 50-60k miles. There are cheap brake fluid testers to show amount of moisture inside and they can easily show when is time. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204092643787?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=V7lMT2PETlG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 3

Yeah, Right.. I have one like that here. Still in plastic though. I keep on replacing my cars too often 🙂

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just about to pass 110,000 miles and my exhaust has fallen off for the 3rd time 😅. I hate Aygo exhausts! 😂 (I've owned it from when it had 10,000 miles on the clock). It still runs fine, just from my experience the exhausts are a major weak point of these cars.20230918_093942.thumb.jpg.c73e38dda81f458a29eeb307141c7659.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Clearly you need to get a stainless-steel high-flow sports cat-back exhaust with 6 inch diameter piping :naughty: 

Hi everyone    iv past 135.000 on mine its 2012 reg . 

Iv changed the clutch at 134.000 the garage told me it was the original clutch as all the bolts was so rusted in they had to heat them to free them . 

When we bought car the front seats seats and the car stunk off curry .(don't know what type I don't eat that stuff looks to much like diarrhoea) the guy we bought it off was a doctor and he used to do a lot house calls .there's a few dents on the front wing where I think they hit there gatepost few times lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

Hi everyone    iv past 135.000 on mine its 2012 reg . 

Iv changed the clutch at 134.000 the garage told me it was the original clutch as all the bolts was so rusted in they had to heat them to free them . 

When we bought car the front seats seats and the car stunk off curry .(don't know what type I don't eat that stuff looks to much like diarrhoea) the guy we bought it off was a doctor and he used to do a lot house calls .there's a few dents on the front wing where I think they hit there gatepost few times lol 

Maybe a Doctor who moonlighted as a curry delivery driver!!

• Haha 2

The doctor said he bought a better car for motorway driving .as he said it was burning oil as he had to keep topping it up. We had it nearly 3 years and never topped it up since I done a wee service on it when we got it.  We  checked it last week and its about half way down the dipstick from nearly full mark . But yea unless he eaten his food off the front seat I guess he was a curry salesman on the side lol 

• Like 2

On 9/18/2023 at 1:16 PM, Mikes1992u said:

Just about to pass 110,000 miles and my exhaust has fallen off for the 3rd time 😅. I hate Aygo exhausts! 😂 (I've owned it from when it had 10,000 miles on the clock). It still runs fine, just from my experience the exhausts are a major weak point of these cars.

A trick I've learnt from YouTube is that: 

For all the part that is welded, spray High Temperature Paint over the joints.  (Obviously wipe it down with rubbing alcohol or hit it with brake cleaner first).  The welded joints are usually the weakest part of the exhaust, the extra protection from the paint extends the life a bit further.

• Like 1