Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Turbo Kit!

BadBoyVTEC

I like the word 'prototype' in the item description :huh: Which, to me, means that they don't really have a clue if the unit works perfectly with the Aygo engine. Good grief do they honestly think that someone would buy an untested unit and put it on their engine, I would not touch it and, BadBoyVTEC, I don't think you want to either! :rolleyes:

I wonder what a new Aygo engine would cost :unsure:

Quote: ''........... all the hard work has been done and it is really just a plumbing job to make her work''

What the seller forgot to mention, which is very, very important, is that the ECU will require some extensive re-programming to ensure that the engine still operates efficiently and does not prematurely expire! This would require the services of a competant re-mapping company and a rolling road and there would be no guarrantee that the re-map would be perfect as this would effectively be a prototype. Having had a Smart roadster with an 'Evil Twin' re-map that was supposedly 'sorted', I still had to have the installation updated after a couple of months as a few flaws were found during day to day operations by various customers all over Europe.

A couple of other points to consider would be, what would the insurance premium be for a modified car and what effect would the conversion have on the emissions and therefore the VED band, not to mention the increase in fuel consumption!

I think ill pass on that one!!

Ill start saving for the TTS conversion.

Can't wait until someone drops a Honda Vtec engine into an Aygo. The turbo charged 1.4hdi engine that Toyota uses has been tuned up to around 130bhp (done by fiesta owners), with just a remap & intercooler.

I think there's a reason why this turbo has ended up on eBay...

Come on everybody, please do not waste your time thinking about untested conversions. If you want more performance out of your Aygo, go with the Banzai/TTS Performance supercharger kit that I'm running in my car.

I use the car everyday and clock up ridiculous mileages buzzing up and down the country. This conversion has been properly developed by professionals and it has proved to be utterly reliable -- I regularly drive 400-mile round trips without the slightest worry.

Yep totally agree with Banzai and others dont touch it! Am glad am not the only one saving for the TTS conversion. :lol:

I would love to think about the s/c but 3.5k is just too much $$$ tbh. And insuring it after that!

Banzai, would it be possible to NOS up your engine with the s/c.? (out of interest)

Don't forget that if you can't afford £3.5k straight off, you can always buy elements of the kit as and when you can afford it. For instance, one month you could buy the supercharger itself, then in a few months' time the brackets etc. Phone up TTS Performance and I'm sure they'll be able to come to some kind of arrangement with you.

As for nitrous in addition to the supercharger, I don't really think it's necessary. The little car's got plenty of go already, especially at the top end!

So.. let me get this straight, 4250 euros for a supercharger. Considering I've paid 10300 euro for the whole car, what makes you think someone would pay ~15000 euros for an aygo with the same acceleration as a colt CZT, fiesta ST etc? I mean without alloys, breaking power etc, just the acceleration?

My oppinion is that this is way overpriced. I am NOT going to buy it, at least not in the next couple of years if the price doesn't drop. And if it doesn't, I'll sell my car and buy a hot hatch rather than supercharging it at this price.

I love my car, but I am not that stupid.

So.. let me get this straight, 4250 euros for a supercharger. Considering I've paid 10300 euro for the whole car, what makes you think someone would pay ~15000 euros for an aygo with the same acceleration as a colt CZT, fiesta ST etc?

All the other hot hatches are a lot heavier (like 40-50%+) than the supercharged Aygo. That might not count for much in a drag race at the lights if you have enough power, but no matter how good your chassis is you are not going to corner and grip better than a car with that huge weight advantage.

I keep saying the best thing about the Aygo is not the chassis or the engine, but the fact that it is a four-star car with a dry weight of less than 800kg. That's an awesome achievement, and it's your starting yardstick if you want point-to-point pace or something embarrassingly fast at the circuit.

There's a whole other world out there of people who tune for go rather than show, just depends which takes your fancy. Personally I wouldn't get offended if people want spinners or FI. Each to his or her own.

Paul.

Colt CZT - 1070 kg 150 bhp , 1.5 litre engine with turbo

Aygo - aroung 950 i'd guess (with supercharger) and about 130 bhp, 1.0 engine with supercharger.

0-60 mph - about 8 seconds for both.

The price is about the same.

Now think about the other advantages, a hot hatch is designed for that power, not only the engine. OK? Chassis, brakes, suspension and alot more.

To make the aygo comparable, you will spend a lot more money and time, rather than getting one allready made.

The Colt is just an example, besides the ibiza FR and corsa opc (that cost TOO DAMN MUCH and shoudn't), all the hot hatches are comparable.

I am not saying that the Aygo is not good, hell, I LOVE IT. I understand adding rims (stability&looks), I understand a flash tuning (for about 150 euros to get 10% more power without any engine problems), and I appreciate the team that made the supercharger but too bad it costs too much.

It's a fantastic, great looking, great milage, cheap, nippy CITY car. Not a hot hatch.

If the conversion cost would be the same as buying a hot hatch, I would convert the aygo. But going over the price of a hot hatch I won't do, I am taking into consideration not only the price of the supercharger, but also the other stuff I would have to change during conversion.

But going over the price of a hot hatch I won't do, I am taking into consideration not only the price of the supercharger, but also the other stuff I would have to change during conversion.

I thought the same thing. But it would be worth it to be able to say you acomplished something worthwhile.

well i put my turbo kit together and including a megasquirt managment system with a 4th injector (dont need to touch the original ecu) and an ihi turbo cost me about 700 pounds. With the turbo running @ 5psi boost you dont need the take off the head and put 2 gaskets ***** ,soon will be refitting the new turbo to my car as the other one had problems so had to remove it.For that money it make good power you can leave a fiesta rs turbo behind you for that money sand dont think its that expensive.Breaking and handling loose a bit at that performance but they are still good considering for what you paid for the little aygo

Btw, I hope your stock cluch holds. And, 700 vs 3500 pounds is only like 5 times cheaper :D

hi guys fitted back the turbo today(another 2nd hand one but seems to be in a better state than the previous one) and it sure can put a grin on your face :D .the sound is awesome!

If it's safe to use, let us know after 1000 miles or so, I know I want a turbo :D We will also need some specs if you are willing to share them :)

well there arent much specs:turbo IHI RHB32 (which i intend to change to a fiat uno turbo one as the aygo engine seem to be working the small one too much!) you need to split your fuel line and fit a T so you have a feed for the 4th injector (i use a honda civic v-tec one which flows at 200)fitted int the intake,an oil line from the oil pressure switch (at the back of the engine)to the turbo ,and an oil return from the turbo to the oil sump.Then you need a megasquirt managment system to run the xtra injector.

With the new turbo the clutch seem to be struggling a bit(but i took it to the quaretmile yesterday and it was after doing 2 burnout to warm the tyres that it started slipping.the time wasnt too good but there was a force 5 head wind and as i only have a wee little engine it would suffer a lot!best i did with clutch slip in 2nd (useing setting of ecu from previous turbo so not set up properly)16.3secs @ 82mph but considering the head wind there was and the clutch slipping i thing that was not that bad.I am looking for an aftermarket clutch kit so if anyone bumpin an upgraded one pls pm me as with the new uno turbo unit it will not cope for sure.

• 1 month later...