Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Roadster Cambelt Or Chain?

paulsutt

Hi,

Just joined this great forum as i have two problems/queries.

1st on this post is does the MR2 roadster have a cambelt or chain..mine has done 95,000 miles now and is in need of a service soon!..and if so does chain ever need changing?..sorry to sound um..thick!

Thanks in advance

Paul

Cambelt as far as im aware and if it aint had one changed then i would get onto it asap...

..thanks for your replies..i did read in an earlier post that it was a chain, but wanted to check, as garage i've booked my car into said they could do it in a day????!!!!!..think i'll just pay for a service somewhere else, without the cost of a cambelt that the roadster doesnt have!

Check the service schedule in your service booklet or handbook. I think it should mention timing chain inspections at a certain point.

Also, be wary of getting that engine serviced by anyone other than Mr T; if you suffer the dreaded oil loss problems it's easier to get it done under warranty if you have FTSH (assuming you currently have FTSH - if you don't then you might as well get it serviced by any garage that you trust).

HTH

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links