Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Inflator

Kev Mc

My tyres are looking a bit flat & the gauge on inflator at the local garage doesn't work & I don't like the 1 at the local tesco because it's a digital 1 so I can't check if it's actually doing anything so I'm looking to buy something of my own.

There's only going to be me using it & it wont be very often so I don't want to spend a vast amount of cash but I don't want to get something cheap & nasty that forces me to sit there for 6 hours whenever I want to top up the pressure of a tyre so I'm looking for a happy medium. Something that I could use to check the pressure before I started inflating & then watch as it increases would be ideal. Any recommendations?

Thanks all

I've got a Bosch PAG12V which came as a set with a Drill and a Torch, all of which use the same batteries.

It's a brilliant piece of kit if you can find one at the right price; I think the set I got was about £50 but I don't think you can buy them now. If you can find one I recommend it highly.

It's perfect for putting a few lbs in a car or bike tyre, but for larger volumes I use the compressor built into my Halfords Battery pack because you can leave it running on its own for a few minutes to blow up a tyre from flat.

Oh, and I don't rely on the gauges on either; to check pressures I use an accurate (I believe) digital meter. It's quicker to check the pressures with that, then attach the pump when air is needed, rather than using the gauge on the pump to check pressures.

I've got a digital tyre pressure guage and use it along side a cheap (£5) electric pump. It does the job and doesn't take long at all to do.

Kev,

Brought this one...as like you all the garages near me (10 miles away) inflater's are all broken or useless....

Wife's car had a rear tyre that kept loosing it's pressure and this tyre inflater kept it topped up and fast as well.....

12260-michelin.jpg

I believe Halfords sell or any good car auto store will....

Read This Here

Keeps my RAV tyres nicely pumped up....you know checking them every week... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Halfords do a good one for about £25 auto shut off digital gauge and torch.

• 1 month later...

I bought a digital one for my ole man for his birthday. It was from Halfrauds, made by Michelin and cost £28 if memory serves me correct. You can set the pressure to a set point where the pump will auto-shutoff....runs off the cig lighter point.

Plus the guage is accurate too

• 2 months later...

most gauges that you buy from shops etc are not always 100% accurate. take it to your local tyre fitting place and ask them and they should do it for you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links