Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Equipment Spec

maffie

Hi,

Hope someone here can help me. I'm looking to buy an Avensis in the next few weeks. Can someone point me in the direct of a site that contains the equipment spec of 51/02 ish models

(or reply) to this posting. I've tried most searches and it's driving me nuts !! I'm specifically looking for models that have :-

ABS

Cruise Control

Traction Control

4 x Electric Windows

Electric Mirrors

Sat Nav ( Do you pay for this service?)

I believe this is the CDX Version, but would like to know if it is standard equipment or optional extras. Could I drop to the GLS and make do ?

Many thanks

Maffie

Well, all Avensis whether they be pre-facelift or post-facelift in the UK have the following off your list:-

ABS,

GS : Electric Mirrors

GLS or above had 4x electric windows

Facelift GS or above had Sat-nav, to my knowledge you don't pay for the service but if you want to upgrade the CD-rom to a newer disc with current maps then they are quite pricey.

Old shape Avensis didnt come with Cruise Control and I don't think Traction either.

Personally, if you want all of this spec and at a price similar to the Avensis, then instead go for a Camry as they are better built (made in Japan rather than the UK) and have all of the spec with the exception of Sat-Nav which was included on some.

The Camry has absolutely everything inc. Traction on the facelift old shape and new shape, aswell as other nice things like Digital Climate control and electric seats, most even came with Leather, they are a better choice considering used they cost about the same as the Avensis even though they were a good £22-£26k new depending on model.

From 1997 engine choices are 1.6i, 1.8i and 2.0i 16-valve petrol engines, or a 2.0 8-valve turbo-diesel. The more powerful D4-D direct injection turbo-diesel was introduced in Nov 99, with new generation 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 VVTi (Variable Valve Timing) petrol engines following in August 2000 – these units are cleaner and more efficient than the previous engines.

The latest year 2001 line-up launched in August 2000 includes new Vermont entry level models with climate control. Range revisions included new headlamps and front bumpers, improved ride, uprated rear brakes and higher quality interior trim.

Before August 2000 all models, including the entry level S, have velour trim, PAS, height-adjustable front and rear headrests, 60/40 split rear seat, remote central locking, RDS radio/cassette and ABS with electronic brake distribution. From August 2000 all models also have satellite navigation, alarm and climate air con.

GS models add standard metallic paint, electrically operated heated mirrors.

GLS have body-coloured mirrors, chrome grille, front fog lights, leather steering wheel and gear knob, CD player, upgraded trim.

Top specification CDX have alloy wheels with locking wheel nuts, wood trim and full leather interior.

SR (Feb 99) is similar to GLS but has 'sports' equipment including special alloy wheels, stiffer suspension and rear spolier on all. 2.0 SR only models get traction control.

Sat Nav ( Do you pay for this service?)

You don't pay for it (other than in the cost of the car of course !).

It's quite a basic system but works fine. From late 2001 it also incorporates free traffic avoidance. If you want to keep up to date with new roads etc. the C.D's are around £140 from Toyota dealer.

Before you do this go Gold membership - you will save nearly your membership fee just on this CD - and will still have a year to use the membership to get discounts on your servicing / parts etc.