Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

29000 Mile Yaris Blue

4raver

My 54 plate blue with 29000 miles on the clock has just started to falter/flat spot when pulling away from a junction...I set the revs apply the throttle and the car does a little falter then picks up...it is very annoying, also today when pulling away on a hill I again set the revs applied the throttle and the front wheels shuddered as though they were trying to spin but were unable to do so...I was only able to overcome this by using too much throttle....the biggest problem is the flat spot when pulling away...any ideas as to what it might be. any help welcome.

My 54 plate blue with 29000 miles on the clock has just started to falter/flat spot when pulling away from a junction...I set the revs apply the throttle and the car does a little falter then picks up...it is very annoying, also today when pulling away on a hill I again set the revs applied the throttle and the front wheels shuddered as though they were trying to spin but were unable to do so...I was only able to overcome this by using too much throttle....the biggest problem is the flat spot when pulling away...any ideas as to what it might be. any help welcome.

When was the car serviced last? Is your yaris a t sport? I dont know about the flat spot but in my t sport i used to get wheel hop or a lack of grip up hills. After i changed by tyres I found this had stopped so could be due to a lack of grip as hard reving up hill could cause wheel spin if the tyres are in bad condition (depending on the weather). The flat spot seems odd is your clutch in good condition?

The car was serviced less than 5000 miles ago in september and the tyres are the toyota ones fitted when new and still have masses of tread....I got rid of the flat spot as the throttle cable was very slack and I adjusted it up and the flat spot has gone...I also fitted a set of whit light bulbs to the car today and the difference is fantastic and worth every penny of the cost.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links