Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regular Irish Meet Feeler

stoneyfordni

whos interested in a regular say monthly toyota meet , get a location thats central to most members and decide to meet on say the 3rd sunday of the month . have a chat and a bit of a pub lunch etc , if we can get a list of names and possible locations il try a few places to see of theyll have us for lunch etc

list of names and locations/ ideas to get the ball rolling

stoneyfordni

stephen am guessing at belfast/ antrim direction for most ideal location

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarra

• bigfiiish

• Robert6920

• stoneyfordni

Ya would be a bit of craic, local to belfast gets my vote.

list of names and locations/ ideas to get the ball rolling

stoneyfordni

autodave

only gonna be a limited number whatever the time ?

id b up for it, altho mabye not every month, wood b gd fun especially coming into the gd weather (hopefully)

Good idea.

Tried to get one organised a couple or three years ago, on a once off basis @ first.

It died the death <_<

We were proposing an All Ireland meet , with a central location for everyone. My proposal was, off the top of my head, somewhere like Mondello, if it was available & financially possible. This should have been reasonably reachable by people from all over.

However, Lisburn etc is just up the road from me, now that the Motorways are in place. I would be up for it. It would be a starter & an all Ireland meet could be considered as a future project.

Might start a Poll in general Discussions to see how many members live here. :meet:

Posted the poll in general. 1 voter - me! :censor:

Similar amount of interest as last attempt. Forget it :blowup:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Bizarra, only just spotted this in General Disc - I have to admit I usually only look at the Rav4 forum and only ventured there following a link from Chatman about motorway matrix signs.

Yes, am interested in a meet, need to get out more ! I think you know I'm in Drogheda. Stoop your head at Skerries a favourite outing (on one of the bikes on a lovely Sunday afternoon, mainly!) but willing to travel most places

To generate more interest, it might be worth searching membership base for location - Ireland, and pm'ing a few people. Happy to give this a go if you think it worthwhile

Brgds

Robert

still interested in this

myself am willing to travel to the south for a days craic but am unsure about others , is only fair we move the location

stephen

Sorry Bizarra, only just spotted this in General Disc - I have to admit I usually only look at the Rav4 forum and only ventured there following a link from Chatman about motorway matrix signs.

Yes, am interested in a meet, need to get out more ! I think you know I'm in Drogheda. Stoop your head at Skerries a favourite outing (on one of the bikes on a lovely Sunday afternoon, mainly!) but willing to travel most places

To generate more interest, it might be worth searching membership base for location - Ireland, and pm'ing a few people. Happy to give this a go if you think it worthwhile

Brgds

Robert

Hi Robert,

Getting confusing now :unsure: I posted a reply to this in General Discussions . Didn't see your post here. :thumbsup:

Rgds. Bizarra (Victor)

I'll be up for it guys but Victor and myself like our 1990's standard comfy motors and you's guy's are in your T-Sport this and T-Sport that :D Though I drive a Camry, I'm restoring a 92 carina E gti and was thinking about buying an 89 Mk1 MR2 (totally against my better judgement) and it needs an engine :lol:

Joe, Bangor, County Down.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Id be all up for a meet, just let me know when. Would need to be somewhere near Belfast, Antrim, Lisburn etc though.

Let me know if something is on the cards for the near future, i think it would be a good thing to start.

Regularly definately, but i agree once a month is a bit too often :D The missus would start to worry about me!! ha ha ha

G

bump for this

anyone for july ?????

names and places etc

stephen

I would be interested in a meet. Count me in. :D

Me too, obviously. I would be prepared to go North if that was the chosen venue.

My car ,like myself :lol: is bog standard & not in the 1st flush of youth :crybaby: Rare down here & every where, by the looks of it. There was a posting a month or so ago, asking if anyone had a similar model.

I had a bit of correspondence a couple of years ago with Camshaft Irish Meets Coordinator. Wonder if he is still around.

I'll be up for it guys but Victor and myself like our 1990's standard comfy motors and you's guy's are in your T-Sport this and T-Sport that :D Though I drive a Camry, I'm restoring a 92 carina E gti and was thinking about buying an 89 Mk1 MR2 (totally against my better judgement) and it needs an engine :lol:

Joe, Bangor, County Down.

Or, to put that another way, We have good taste & appreciate quality :yahoo::toast:

Id definately be up for it, count me in!

Would need to be in NI though, cant really travel too far, mad busy at the minute doing up the new house. You know the story.

Let me know though, definately on for it. :thumbsup:

G

Any of you guys for the Donegal Rally? Should be mad craic!

Is there actually one organised ? If so, where & when ? I know that I have been making noises about a rally, but never having been to one, yet, would not undertake to organise one.

It would not exactly be next door for me, but would consider it. It would certainly suit our Northern contingent more so than one centrally located.

It would also depend on getting through the NCT (MOT) on 26th of this month :eek: