Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Sub Woofer For E12?

macdonb2

macdonb2 that is the same sub as I have in my Corolla!

I paid £190 for it!!!

It is an active sub, the wires for this will be only plugging into the headunit.

You will need to get the wiring from Toyota. (but I do not think you can order them seperately)

The wires in that go to that back of the headunit, plug into the sub wires, which you then plug into the headunit.

Hope this makes sense!

Speak to these people, they used to do all the audio repairs for Toyota and can probably help

Autosound Radio

Unit 4, Lister St, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD4 9PQ

Tel: 01274 688812

They were always helpful but never cheap!

Kingo :thumbsup:

yeah makes sense i seen a installation manual from toyota i think if i can figure out what wires the sub wires come back out on i might be able to make something up. would you have a picture by any chance of the loom smoftha? and also is the sub any use??

I cant get to my loom as it under the carpet and running into the dash and behind the radio now.

Here is a pic from the installation manual:

Subwires.jpg

The sub is a really good add on, not massive bass but enough.

I cant get to my loom as it under the carpet and running into the dash and behind the radio now.

Here is a pic from the installation manual:

Subwires.jpg

The sub is a really good add on, not massive bass but enough.

yeah i got that manual off the net can you see how many wires are running in the sub cable and if so can you see the colours as i think i could get it working then

Yeah that was what i was expecting to see, to see that the cable be bridged for two outputs, prob will have a power connections with it as well.

Won't be easy to make a new set of cables for it, would be easier to try and find a loom that already done.

It's the connector blocks i'm going to struggle with, but if making new cables for it, im sure i can find something from maplin to help

• 2 weeks later...

YOU CAN I FOUND A WAY JL AUDIO MAKE A SYSTEM CALLED CLEAN SWEEP!!!

ALLOWS THE BEST VOLTAGE CONNECTION FROM A STANDARD UNIT. ITS MADE FOR CARS LIKE RANGE ROVERS ETC.

COSTS A BOMB IF U WANA KEEP THE OEM SO BAD BUT ITS AVAILABLE ITS CALLED CLEANSWEEP BY JL AUDIO.

heres the link very good piece of equipment recently got my sounds done in my rolla and they were telling me about clean sweep it gives better outputs for subwoofers than even some top alpine heaunits with 4v preouts etc.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/MagAdsPDFs/...ep_HeadUnit.pdf

worth having a look b ut it is JL Audio so wont be cheap. If you want to purchase the item. let me know i can get hold of it for you from a authorised jl audio supplier.

If you want to purchase the item. let me know i can get hold of it for you from a authorised jl audio supplier

You have to note, that JL Audio does not allow sales like this, and must be purchased from authorised dealers in person.

You won't find many site that allow sales like this, as i had to travel some distance for my W6 sub.

This is a good way to get better sound, but at some £300 a pop, i think it was :unsure: , not a cheap toy, and still doesn't solve this problem.

Hi there yep i deal with authorised JL audio dealers, SMK youll see them on jl audios website i can get you good pricing delivered direct from them.

Man bing you W6 Looks great, i saw a corolla sr 05 shape with a 13" w3 in it and it was kicking loved to see how that w6 sounds. Have you powered it with a jl audio slash series amp?

im running all JL audio wiring 4 gauge through the car with an alpine 9884 with imprint sound to the Speakers.

i got a kicker l7 in the boot tho thinking of moving to 2 w6 jl audio subs but pricey getting the jl amp. Was quoted £2500 with fitting amp, front components focal...rear focal... 2 w6 subwoofers and box fully dynamatted so saving up!!

you W6 Looks great

Many thanks :thumbsup:

It's running from my Soundstream 805 Amp, at about 2 Ohms with 300w pushing through it.

It's a lovely sounding sub, mellowed over time, but can still kick when needed ;)

Dynamat will help the overall sound, as i've done in mine, so it rattles inside and no one is none the wiser outside cause it's not shaking the panels to bits :D

As i need to use the boot for everyday stuff, needed to hide the amp, and push the sub to one side, my stealth boot install is just what i got.

Sexy looking and a useable boot space, but loud enough to annoy my local boy racer tin pot sound system :lol:

4104DSCF0013.JPG

yea sweet. i have a friend with 2 jl audio w6s powered with a directed d2400....itll actually make your ears feel as though they are getting popped.

Jl Audio has some clarity in there sounds... my kicker kicks dirty bassline a very hard low drop. Jl audio have punchy bass which is tight.

Dynamat helps alot my whole car shakes but i cant bear to drive with it loud. my boot space is limited with my subwoofer.

but the install looks fab. going to get some dynamat soon to i need it urgent.

SUCCESS :yahoo: Mr T has generously supplied me with not one sub but two toyota sub woofers!!each with the elusive lead i have so longingly been trying to conjure up. Have it installed now sounds pretty good overall, system is much cleaner and defined but as smoftah pointed out not massive bass. So on to my new dilema is it possible to connect the second toyota sub to the system as in would the original h/u have enogh power to run both?? thoughts please.....oh and a massive thanks to everyone who helped out if anyone needs any info on connecting one of these toyota subs or wants to make up a cable please don't hesitate to ask!!

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me from where I can acquire both sub and amp as mentioned here, so that it would make it a perfect fit for my 05 e12? ;)

hey, i got mine from toyota ireland. i actually got 2 i'll have look see if i can find second possibly in my sis's car but if not i could send it to you

hey, i got mine from toyota ireland. i actually got 2 i'll have look see if i can find second possibly in my sis's car but if not i could send it to you

That would be great cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links