Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glanza S

geocool69

it redlines @ 7000rpm and the last time it was tested it was 90bhp, 74bhp @ the flywheel.ive hardly no mods but still with it lowered 40mm,it's got very reasonable power and a very low gear ratio,so what power there is is'nt going to waste.even without the turbo you'd be surprized what damage it can do and the grip is fantastic..........

IVE got an sr and mechanicaly its the same but it only makes 75bhp as standard

yours is quoted as 86bhp standard

mine redlines at 6200

, id be interested to know what idfferences there are between mine and yours.

if there are different cams or if its just the case of a different chip.

geo from what i ve been told the engine is the same but there are different chips fitted

there is something as far as i no about the gear box i.e. different ratio's well so i ve been told anyway!

since urs is an SR t well have power steering and full electrics this will also drain a little power from ur engine 2run these.

hope thats of hellp

honestly i cant tell you how they are differant,but i do know my engine is the 4efe 88bhp engine (this was done in japan) i think it comes in some cynos.like i said ive hardly no mods engine wise but it was only on a rolling road about a month ago so im positive of the results.you can't get sr's in ireland only gi's and glanzas 's.what i mean is apart from the turbo gt and glanza v's.

at a guess id say the sr's are only put together for the english market,but ive been told by someone in jap land that the glanza s and v have a higher spec ecu meaning more power @ the wheels than a standard starlet..............

i hope this helps :thumbsup:

my GI redlines at 7000RPM also, and it's 99BHP. I belive the Gi/Glanza S uses a different ECU and some other minor things in comparision to the normal SR or what have you. I think the ECU on the GI/Glanza S give it more fuel.

I run against alot of Glanza S's with the same mods as my Gi and beat all o fthem calm, 2-4 car lengths.

Allot of the power increase found on the GI/Glanza S is from the ECU being mapped to run on Jap spec fuel which is rated at 100 octane as our normal unleaded is 95.

Simon :yes:

so u guys think that only the ecus different, so if i were to get a remaped ecu do u think there would be any harm in resetting the rev limit to 7000rpm

Hi there toyota club members, I have a EP91 (1996) starlet with a 4E FE engine and was wondering if there's any point in doing an engine conversion of a 4E FTE or would be best to just buy a starlet glanza. If i would like to do a engine conversion but I am having trouble in selling my existing engine. Anyone interested? it's only on 32000 miles, are there any good companies that would i can trade or sell engines with?

Thanks for anyone that can reply and help me............cheers. :huh:

Hi there toyota club members, I have a EP91 (1996) starlet with a 4E FE engine and was wondering if there's any point in doing an engine conversion of a 4E FTE or would be best to just buy a starlet glanza. If i would like to do a engine conversion but I am having trouble in selling my existing engine. Anyone interested? it's only on 32000 miles, are there any good companies that would i can trade or sell engines with?

Thanks for anyone that can reply and help me............cheers. :huh:

you'd be better off buying a glanza v other than doing a conversion without a doubt :thumbsup: