Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intercooler Pipe Been Blocked Off From Turbo Any Help Please?

brad190

Hi all,

hope you can shed some light on this for me?

I noticed a small amount of smoke coming from under the engine today & it smelt like oil so I investigated & found it was coming from a pipe which also had a film of oil in it,

when followed I found it connected to the intercooler which I think is an outlet just under the intercooler rad,

but while there I could see that there was a metal pipe coming from the turbo that had been blocked off & it seemed like these pipes were connected at some point but maybe I'm wrong.

Does anybody have any ideas please?

1996 Parado 3.0td auto top mounted intercooler

I did change the oil for Mobil 1 super syn 0w 40 for diesels- the manual says 5w 30 could this be the problem as its to thick for the 1kz engine?

Cheers,

Brad.

Here is a picture-cursor over the pic into the box

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25739162@N07/2420309989/

Hi Andy,

I have already asked there but I found people don't seem to reply :unsure:

What oil do you have in yours?

Thanks for that anyway.

I use Comma Semi Synthetic Eurodiesel which is a 15w-40, and don't see the point in Mobil 1 as I change it every 4-5000 miles.

Hi again,

I do agree with you really but I get the Mobil 1 from the warehouse at half price & change it once a year which prob will work out cheaper & less oil waste for the inviroment.

Hi again,

I do agree with you really but I get the mobil 1 from the warehouse at half price & change it once a year which prob will work out cheaper & less oil waste for the inviroment.

Wish i had an intercooler on my motor :( as far as oil goes i ordered a filter kit from Milners oil/air/fuel filters and 7lts of semi synthetic all for £61 del to me door very good quality items and quick del no hassle that will do me :D