Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do I Isolate The Electric Aerial

mikecham

Hi

I am new to this so hope I get this right.

Does anybody know of an easy way to electrically isolate the aerial. Mine keeps blowing the main 15A Radio Fuse. I am an avid Toyota fan but they all seem to have rubbish outdated electric retractible aerials. I just want to leave mine extended and to permanently disconnect it - not just isolate the control side.

Mike

the plug for it is under the cubby behind the rear seat, will be a relay box near the fuel pump access cover, unplug that and it will disconnect the aerial.

has yours seized up?

• 4 months later...
the plug for it is under the cubby behind the rear seat, will be a relay box near the fuel pump access cover, unplug that and it will disconnect the aerial.

has yours seized up?

Apologies but I have been away. The motor operates but the aerial does not move. I removed a fuse as a temporary measure but would like to repair it but don't know how. All help would be appreciated - Thanks.

it sounds like the mast needs replacing. the mast is available from Toyota separately from the whole motor unit. P/N is 86337-17080.

or you can get a second hand replacement, TCB is a good place to try

on the flip side of this if someone wanted to get rid of the stock ariel and remove it to be replaced by a small dummy one what would they have to do? radio never gets used in my car, cd'a all the way.

on the flip side of this if someone wanted to get rid of the stock ariel and remove it to be replaced by a small dummy one what would they have to do? radio never gets used in my car, cd'a all the way.

I have tried to replace the antenna only , and have read that you can remove the top securing nut and do it this way but I could not do it. I would be happy to replace the electric aerial with a non-standard unit because the electric aerials are a Toyota weakness. ( Ihave had failures on Landcruisers as well)

If there is a way to replace or renew the aerial without removing underbody parts I would be most grateful to know how! :( :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

HI, new to all this! Just bought an MR2 Mk3 RED. Great car but hate the aerial.

The "LordTakuban" stubby looks great. Anyone know someone who will fit one, i'll buy the part from the US?

Pref someone in Cambridgeshire/Essex/Herts if possable........

Cheers

T

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links