Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fifer

When driving along, often coasting the engine management light comes on, and have less power (assume it is in safe mode) turning the key off then on resets the light and all returns to normal. This is happening once a day on a longish drive, when in for a service garage read code as 1215 but did not have a fault description for this code. Anyone have any ideas as to what the trouble might be. It is a 2001 2ltr Diesel

Hello Fifer and welcome.

I believe 1215 means "Air flow sensor" but quite what you do about it, I don't know. There are several knowledgeable individuals on the forum who will know, though.

Here's an interesting factoid (or maybe not so!) - 121.5 (MHz) is one of the international emergency frequencies used by aircraft. Maybe the car's trying to declare an emergency! :help2:

Hello Fifer and welcome.

I believe 1215 means "Air flow sensor" but quite what you do about it, I don't know. There are several knowledgeable individuals on the forum who will know, though.

Here's an interesting factoid (or maybe not so!) - 121.5 (MHz) is one of the international emergency frequencies used by aircraft. Maybe the car's trying to declare an emergency! :help2:

1215 was also the year the magna carta was signed at Runnymede, but why your car would want to tellyou this i'm not quite sure,did your car come with full history :D :D

Hello Fifer and welcome.

1215 was also the year the magna carta was signed at Runnymede, but why your car would want to tellyou this i'm not quite sure,did your car come with full history :D :D

:g: :g: :g: Now tell us you knew that and did not Google the numbers 1215????????

Hello Fifer and welcome.

:g: :g: :g: Now tell us you knew that and did not Google the numbers 1215????????

Guilty as charged M'lud :(

Guilty as charged M'lud :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOTCHA

Hello Fifer and welcome.

I admit to googling 1215 to find out the air flow sensor, but I already knew about 121.5 Mhz (and indeed 243 Mhz, it's military "harmonic") 'cos I woz an air traffic controller once (long ago, in a previous life......)

I believe it is the EDU which is the driver for the injectors. It cross refers to DTC 97 and if you give me your email address by pm I will send you the diagnostic procedure. Here are the codes;

http://alflash.com.ua/OBDII/DTCe1.pdf

I believe it is the EDU which is the driver for the injectors. It cross refers to DTC 97 and if you give me your email address by pm I will send you the diagnostic procedure. Here are the codes;

http://alflash.com.ua/OBDII/DTCe1.pdf

Thanks Anchorman for information I hope you are correct as it went into dealer today and they said it needed a new turbo. I did not take it and have not yet challenged their diagnosis, but really worried they might be correct. Does anyone know dealer cost of a turbo replacement.

Does anyone know dealer cost of a turbo replacement.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: When you ask the dealer that question there eye's will light up and make sure your sitting down when they tell you the £££

For just parts I think you may be looking at £1500......I may be wrong..........

I hope they are right. They nearly re-built pink minkees car before the stopped throwing parts at it.