Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Acetone

pasherp

Does any one know where i can purchase acetone as i have read proof that proves your mileage increases,performance and lengthens the life of the engine.

Apparently if added to the fuel tank in a very small amount it breaks the surface tension of the fuel and all the fuel is burnt therefore increasing efficiency .

follow this link

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005...900069_Acetone/

I'm hoping to get a bottle of this tonight and try it in my Celica tomorrow. Going by what I've read, it's 2.5ml of acetone (PURE acetone only!) for every 1ltr of petrol. So as my tank is 55ltrs, that's 137.5ml of acetone. As it seems that 100ml bottles are the norm, I'll get that and try it.

Will let you all know how it goes, providing the chemist I'm going to sells it.

Ok I bought a 50ml bottle of acetone from a Pharmacy for £1, so I could try it. I know that this is about a 1/3 of what I should use, so I might not get the full benefits. I aim to get another bottle tonight and add that as well.

Now the car was serviced on Sunday and I added petrol cleaner to the tank as well on Sunday, as I filled her up. Now this might be the the service but revs were lower and economy seemed better, but as I've only used a 1/3 of what I should these results might be minute. Once I've added the second bottle, I should have a better ideal if it works.

I'll update tomorrow morning.

Ok I bought a 50ml bottle of acetone from a Pharmacy for £1, so I could try it. I know that this is about a 1/3 of what I should use, so I might not get the full benefits. I aim to get another bottle tonight and add that as well.

Now the car was serviced on Sunday and I added petrol cleaner to the tank as well on Sunday, as I filled her up. Now this might be the the service but revs were lower and economy seemed better, but as I've only used a 1/3 of what I should these results might be minute. Once I've added the second bottle, I should have a better ideal if it works.

I'll update tomorrow morning.

i think your figures could be slightly out

the link states to use NO MORE than 3oz for every 10 gallons , which is 85 milliliters for 45 liters of fuel.Remember this is the maximum so to be on the safe side of figures i would stick to this figure for 55 liters

this may help conversion of fluid oz to liters

http://www.metric-conversions.org/volume/m...o-uk-ounces.htm

I've read a number of sites and the ratios are as follows. 1.5ml per 1ltr of Diesel and 2.5ml per 1ltr of Petrol. My tank is 55ltrs, so I need to put in 137.5ml to get the ratio right. As I'd only put in 50ml it's was under a 1/3 of what it should be. However as I know a place where I can buy 50ml bottles, I will only put in 100ml per tank which is below the stated ratio.

Not only that but it depends on what fuel you use as well, as some are better than others.

Things is with acetone, I'm in a good place to test it. I do the same mileage everyday of the week, I use the same fuel everytime and I get 98% of the time, the same mileage out of each tank.

So if acetone 'works', I'll see it. I aim to use it for 2 weeks, then run for 2 weeks without it and then compare my results.

Ok from my first tank, I got 393miles before the fuel light came on. Using my under guess of 25 miles on top for the fuel left in the tank from the fuel light.

Thats - 418 miles.

I have been heavy footed on the motorways to work, as I have noticed the power increase from using acetone. I look forward to my next tank result.

so is that an increase in milage then from this initial run?? are you using super unleaded fuel?

Ok tank 2.

I got 399.9miles before the fuel light came on. Still using my under guess of 25 miles on top for the fuel left in the tank from the fuel light.

Thats - 425 miles.

All with normal Shell petrol.

My next 2 tanks will be with just standard Shell petrol and NO Acetone. I have decided to extend my tests by 2-4 more weeks. This will be with using 2 tanks of Super Unleaded with Acetone and 2 without.

Results so far.

Tank 1 - 393 miles + (25 miles left in tank guess) = 418 miles

Tank 2 - 399.9 miles + (25 miles left in tank guess) = 425 miles ...... 7 mile increase.

Just a mini update!

I'm 3/4's of the way through the first standard unleaded tank and thd the results aren't good. This tank is well below the previous two so far. So things look promising for Acetone!

Tank 3.

I got 368.8 miles before the fuel light came on.

However due to some extra traffic this week and having to use the Air Con a little bit on a couple of days, I'm adding 10 miles to this figure, to take in these factors.

Therefore 378.8 miles plus, still using my under guess of 25 miles on top for the fuel left in the tank from the fuel light.

Thats - 404 miles.

With just normal Shell petrol. No Acetone

So that is 14 miles less than my first Acetone tank. I expect my next standard unleaded tank to be less still, as there would've still been a little Acetone in the tank.

I'm looking forward to my super Unleaded tests!

I think using acetone depends on the efficiency of your engine.On my last MK1 yaris D4D the difference was amazing I got over 76 MPG and the car was a lot faster and quieter but it does not make much difference on my MK2 D4D only about 3 MPG increase and I can not tell any difference in peformance but this could be that the engine has only done 14K.I think one of the best things about using acetone is that it keeps your injectors clean I have tried all different ratios but found on the diesel that 1.5 ML per litre worked the best and if more than 3ML per litre was used the car ran fine but the MPG dropped so the ratio is very critical.

akw909

The ratios are 2.5 ml per ltr of Petrol and as you say Akw909, the Diesel ratio is 1.5 ml per ltr. Over that and it will not work right.

If you use Acetone, it won't really show it's effects until it cleans the inside of you engine. You will see gains from the first tank, but the more you use it the better results you'll see.

I've got the results to post once I've finished my current full tank, then 4 more Super Unleaded tanks after that. Once I've done them all, I'm knock up some results tables and graphs. This will plot my results (all for combined mileage) against the Celica documented specification. Then from that people can draw their own conclusions.

i am for one waiting in anticipation for the super unleaded trial!

i recently registered on the Oz TOC forums. maybe you should look on there before adding acetone - apparently very bad for the engine, exceesive wear and the acetone apparently perishes seals. not worth messing about for a 1 or 2% increase in economy with such associated risks imho.

I have read a whole lot on this before I tried it. Acetone perishes cheap materials and as for being bad for the engine that is rubbish. It's been well documented that people have left dismantled engine parts soaking in various consistances of Acetone and fuel/acetone mixtures. Producing 0 negitive effects on the components.

I'm doing this experiment so that people can decide for them selves if they want to use it. I have documented risks and will again when producing my final results.

I have read a whole lot on this before I tried it. Acetone perishes cheap materials and as for being bad for the engine that is rubbish. It's been well documented that people have left dismantled engine parts soaking in various consistances of Acetone and fuel/acetone mixtures. Producing 0 negitive effects on the components.

I'm doing this experiment so that people can decide for them selves if they want to use it. I have documented risks and will again when producing my final results.

if it perishes seals that is very bad for an engine. you arent the first to try it - soaking parts in acetone will be different from combusting it. if you think the risks are worth it then thats up to you, i was just giving my opinion based on others who have tried it. the guestimates in your mpg figures makes the figures unreliable anyway.

It may perish materials, but that is over an extended period of time and in a more conentrated volume. I am using 100ml of Acetone in 55ltrs of petrol, which is 1%. The components used it cars are of suitable resistance as to not be affected, but as car companies do not wish to test the possible benefit of using Acetone, they won't do the tests to produce documentation on it.

The only estimates of mileage I've made is, 5 ltrs of petrol remaining in the tank once the fuel light comes on (as it takes 50 ltrs to fill up from this point), and an over estimate of additonal fuel used for very minor use of Air Con and a very short spell of sitting in traffic (about 5 mins).

I feel I'm doing a fair test and if people wish to use it after all the results that's up to them. I know at present is that I will use.

I value your opinion and that helps people think about it, before jumping in feet first and just using it. I spent hours and days researching this before I tried it, but nobody really documented their comparrison tests in detail. So that is what I decided to do.

Tank 4.

I got 375.3 miles before the fuel light came on.

With my under guess of 25 miles on top for the fuel left in the tank from the fuel light.

Thats - 400.3 miles.

With just normal Shell petrol. No Acetone

So that is 3.5 miles less than the previous tank and 16.5 miles less than the first Acetone tank. Or a whopping 24.6 miles less than my second Acetone tank.

I've just filled up with V-Power, so we'll see in a week how that goes.

Tank 5.

First V-Power & Acetone tank!

I got 404.2 miles before the fuel light came on.

With my under guess of 25 miles (about 1 gallon) on top for the fuel left in the tank from the fuel light.

Thats - 429.2 miles, which is 35.6 mpg (spec combined mpg is 36.7!)

So that is nearly 5 miles more than my second normal petrol and acetone tank, or 11 miles more than the first normal petrol and acetone tank.

I think it will be best to compare all of the odd tanks against each other and likewise with the evens.

I've just filled up with more V-Power and acetone, so hopefully we'll get more from this tank!

Thats - 429.2 miles, which is 35.6 mpg (spec combined mpg is 36.7!)

:lol: I was getting average 40.63mpg from my Celica VVTI on Tesc* bog-standard unleaded (2 years logging petrol consumption)

• 2 weeks later...

Tank 6.

Second V-Power & Acetone tank!

I got 410.5 miles before the fuel light came on.

With my under guess of 25 miles (about 1 gallon) on top for the fuel left in the tank from the fuel light.

Thats - 435.5 miles, which is 36.0 mpg (spec combined mpg is 36.7!)

So that is 6 miles more than my first S/Unleaded tank with acetone, or 10 miles more than the second normal petrol and acetone tank.

I've just filled up with more V-Power with no acetone this time.

I do have some rather shocking results to show you, which are calculated figures and not actually tested results, but are highly accurate I'd say. Though you'll have to wait until all the results are in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links