Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Mr2 Brakes

ntirado

Dear all:

I am new to this forum. Thank you for the opportunity to share ideas and get advise. I have a 2003 MR2 with barely 35,000 miles (it lives in my garage until good wheather arrives).

Yesterday I took it out for a short drive and found the brake rotors were rusted shut. As I pulled out of the garage on reverse there was a loud noise (when the rust seal finally broke). While slowly driving I could hear intermitent friction noise comming from the wheels. I drove for a little while with the foot on the break pedal thinking this would take care of the rust...but there is some still.

Is this rust going to go away? Should I try to replace the pads (I am handy but have never done this before)? Should I take it in for servise? Should I worry at all?

Thank you in advanse.

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

If you are slightly competent with a set of wrenches then the information you need is HERE, just click on the section you want for what needs to be done :yes:

Feel free to ask any other questions we will always help where possible ;)

Les

what i thought was my steering column making funky noises, turned out to be the front brakes...

flung it into mr t, and they cleaned them up for me :)

clever mr t!