Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chip-tuning

Jyrka

only known chip or ecu upgrade is the C-One unit although i dont think anyone has off hand knowledge of it and theres a company in finland that do one?

Miss T-Sport knows about it i think

You try to Digital Tuning. www.digitaltuning.ch

They promise 12 hp but i think that it's a dream.

My friend have tried this chip and it was feel happy to spend some money for it.

bye bye

It was me who mentioned the site. :ph34r:

I have to agree with Alec Empire, 12-13 BHP is a long shot for an NA 1.5 liter engine. Probably closer to 5-7 horses I'd say...

But....

Even though it won't give much power, fitting a chip might make the car feel livelier, more responsive. More fun to drive?

My Yaris is 'chipped', it has a link ECU fitted. Although the BHP has not gone up the Torque curve is dramatically different :thumbsup:

Im getting a superchip from over there in the uk suitable for the one litre which increases power by 20 to 25 bhp and will make the car perform like a 1.3 or 1.4.it costs only 45 sterling with fitting instructions and all :)

Im getting a superchip from over there in the uk suitable for the one litre which increases power by 20 to 25 bhp and will make the car perform like a 1.3 or 1.4.it costs only 45 sterling with fitting instructions and all :)

i hope that's not from eBay.

20 - 25 BHP...LOL

wots the deal wit these £2.99 eBay chips and this other £45 chip mentioned im interested but is it 2 good too be true?

any help will be much appreciated :thumbsup:

cheers

lee

As far as i know its a resister that confuses your cars brain to think its cold all the time causing to run richer.

As far as i know its a resister that confuses your cars brain to think its cold all the time causing to run richer

If that is the case then it will harm your car, maybe not immediately but it will over time as it will affect the lambda and the catalyst at the very least, not to mention your fuel economy!

The Link ECU that I use in my Rally Yaris is very impressive and dead simple, I would recommend it to anyone :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ahh that simple eh, but would it damage your car and is it worth a try?

:wacko:

Don't bother...

Your idle and general driving will be affected and also your MPG will drop 20%+

these 'too good to be true' chips.....

they are true to be s :ffs: t chips!

as dan says it confuses the ecu to think its sub zero outside and therefore lobs more fuel in - it will will destroy everything bar the passenger headrest in the car

and 20+bhp increase on a 1litre! i dont think so

so no dont try em

:thumbsup:

aye, they are crap....just fool your car into thinking it's colder...as said before...so more fuel is used...so basically....driving with the choke out permanelty.....does anyone remember the manual chokes! if you do....then I'm sure you remember it is best to push it in as soon as possible...to maximise economy...and efficiently..and without sooting up the engine.

These chips just make your motor run rich...will cost you a fortune in fuel , and won't improve your performence either....as soon as you floor it....it floods....struggles...then perhaps has 1-2 bhp extra....not worth it.

Vipes.

noo..its not e-bayy..jaysus..lol...its an xmas offer for that price.its preprogammed as far as i know whats the link ecu matthew?

If you seriously intend to 'chip' a 1 litre engine, Its probably best to avoid the pre-programmed variety that simply plug in and claim to give you and 8hp boost, when put to the test many of these devices have been found seriously lacking. (Incidentally, why not just buy the same car with a bigger engine? ultimately it'll cost less to insure than your modified car and you'll retain the warranty...)

The major problem with the pre-programmed devices, is that were not programmed for your car. They were programmed for a similar car, but not for the specific needs, engine build tolerances, and other variables of your particular car. Hence while the remapped chip worked a treat on the tuning company MD's wifes Yaris in the workshop in Germany, when plugged into your car, (which is different. It may have a different exhaust, a different intake, even your injectors might be cleaner, leading to different flow rates. Any variable you can think of right down to the size of the cylinder bore, will be different from the developers car...) It wont work as well.

Whats required is a chip mappped to your car, running on your fuel, and matched to your driving style. When playing about with such feeble amounts of power to start with, its the only relaible way to extract the greatest potential from your engine... The good thing is its not impossible and its not ridiculously expensive, Having looked into it some detail car ive decide to have a unichip fitted to my own car in the spring... heres a few more details from another post:

The Dastek Unichip is a computer in its own right, and is spliced into the cars ECU loom where it intercepts and modifies timing and fuelling instructions from the main ECU to to the engine, to set this up the installer will run the car on a rolling road at various loads and speeds and will use the Unichip to modify the cars ignition advance and fuelling at various points, to ensure that the engine is performaing at its maximum potential. Installation typically takes about 5 hours, I'm going to get one fitted in the new year at Millway in Andover, and have been quoted £400+VAT.

The unichip enables fuel and advance settings that are outside of the Toyota ECUs normal parameters, so with careful setting you should see gains in torque, power AND fuel economy... A mk3 MR2 on MR2-ROC saw an increase in power to nearly 160bhp, (from 138) and a very healthy increase in low end torque.

Using a Unichip will also allow you to make the most of mods that the original ECU was not designed for, such as free flowing exhausts and cold air intakes, and it can even be configured to control additional fueling for turbos, or water injection.

for more details, and your nearest installer try Dastek's Website

Also, take a look at this link at the MR2 Roadster Owners Club to see what difference a Unichip made to the low down torque on a 1.8 N/A Mk3...

The 2 links missing from the above text are:

Dastek's Website

Mk3 MR2 dyno results

yeah i tried unichip but it will cost me 700 euro to install for just 3 or 4 bhp which isnt worth it I dont think so Ive no choice but to leave it the way it is as there is nothing there at the mom.An engine change will mean higher insurance and road tax for me which I dont want right now so there u have it

If you seriously intend to 'chip' a 1 litre engine, Its probably best to avoid the pre-programmed variety that simply plug in and claim to give you and 8hp boost, when put to the test many of these devices have been found seriously lacking. (Incidentally, why not just buy the same car with a bigger engine? ultimately it'll cost less to insure than your modified car and you'll retain the warranty...)

My 1 litre Yaris has a Link ECU which is a fully mappable 'piggyback' ECU. The car is still under warranty with this modification and many many others (see my for sale add elsewhere) and it is also very cheapily insured with Tesco's with all mods declared! :thumbsup:

dont go near that chip from eBay it a rip, cheap 3p resitor what a crock and it dont work - yes i know what you think what a t**t to think it would but hay i now know better

:hokus-pokus: