Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spark Plug Swimming In Oil

Toyotacelicagt4

Went to change my spark plugs the other day because I noticed the car running a little rough. When I removed the boot there was so much oil I could not even see the plug! Figured this was a problem with my valve covers gaskets but any clarification would be really helpful. Also a friend told me we can just remake part of the gasket with silicone but will this do a good job or am I gonna have to replace it??

Went to change my spark plugs the other day because I noticed the car running a little rough. When I removed the boot there was so much oil I could not even see the plug! Figured this was a problem with my valve covers gaskets but any clarification would be really helpful. Also a friend told me we can just remake part of the gasket with silicone but will this do a good job or am I gonna have to replace it??

Don't be a cheap *****! the centre gasket for the rocker cover is about £3.50 from Mr T I renewed both mine on my ST205 and both came to about £15 from Mr T!!!

Ok but I Live in canada the gt4 is a rare car to come by and nobody will have parts for me. The only thing I can do is order one from outside the country and even then I will have to do something for a quick fix in the meantime. You got any ideas of where I might order one from??

Do they not have toyota dealers in Canada?

Yes but there is no such thingas a gt4 In canadanobody ever has parts for it... couldnt even get a light bulb to replace the old one when it burned out in the dome light. Plus those guys at Toyota are such **** douchebags everytime they find out I have an import they get real ignorant for some reason. Last time I was in they wanted $130+plus tax for one little peice of the air intake and they couldn't gauruntee it would even fit. To top it all off they told me I must pay BEFORE they would order it so that I have no choice but to take their crap.

Do they not have toyota dealers in Canada?

Yes but there is no such thingas a gt4 In canadanobody ever has parts for it... couldnt even get a light bulb to replace the old one when it burned out in the dome light. Plus those guys at Toyota are such **** douchebags everytime they find out I have an import they get real ignorant for some reason. Last time I was in they wanted $130+plus tax for one little peice of the air intake and they couldn't gauruntee it would even fit. To top it all off they told me I must pay BEFORE they would order it so that I have no choice but to take their crap.

mate i would order lighter parts from the uk then. shipping wouldnt cost so much and at least u would know the part is going to fit. there are gt fours in america and oz so im sure parts can be sent to canada

part numbers as follows 11214-88381 small centre gasket. 11213-8838 main big gasket

give your toyota dealer these part numbers and they should order the gaskets.

we have the same prob over here with jap imports, dealers say they cant get the parts as its an import but amazingly if they search a bit or are given the part numbers they will get them

Just going back to my origonal post here but I was never really sure my problem was with my valve cover gasket. I was actually asking to make sure before I ordered anything! Or was I right then, oil in spark plugs = bad V.C gasket?

yep, they go brittle with age and crack. worth getting some allen bolts to replace the std crosshead screws (they can be a pain to get out) and use a dab of threadlock when reassembling to stop them working loose, bolt kits can be had off good ol eBay

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links