Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 Twincam Engine In A Ae86?

mad for diffin

Hi all,has any of you out there ever fitted a 2.0 litre toyota engine to the t50 gearbox that is fitted in the R.W.D ae86 corolla?

Im talking about a normally aspraited engine and not a supercharged or turboed one. Something like a celica or MR2 engine i suppose. I wouldnt imagine any of them would line up to the gearbox bolt holes but i can make or machine flywheels to suit the clutch pressure plate and also make my own manifolds so that is the least of my worries.

Im a engineer and that is what i do but i have my limits as well!

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Have you thought about using the 20v 4AGE instead? supposed to be a good conversion & easy to do.

Not sure, I guess you mean the 3SGE engine? I don't think the bell housing will bolt up without an adaptor, but I could be wrong, as I don't think it was used in any RWD configuration from the factory.

in the states they have fitted the 3sge & 3sgte into old 20 series celicas that site classic-celica.com no longer exists so you can try www.toymods.net/forums/

I once fitted (1996, before they went to silly money) a 18RG 2 litre twin cam into an AE86, but used the W58 gearbox that came with it.

Don't think any 2 litres will fit to the T50.

Hi all, thanks for the replys so far. The 20 valve 4AGE would probably be the handiest engine change but i still quiet like the idea of 2.0 litres under the bonnet. I might have a go at mateing a T50 gear box to a 3SGE and take it from there.

Some of my mates are running 2.0 litre vauxhall engines with quaife gearboxes in their AE86 but they are track cars and i want to stick to a Toyota engine in my road car.

Thanks all.

classic-celica.com is back on line

Loads of SR20det (silvia s14 engine) & EC32 (s2000) conversions in Ireland, a few 2ltr Altezza Beams, 20v is not that cheap hbut in my opinion the way to go to stay retro.