Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Someone Reversed Into My Car

Penelope Pitstop

:angry: Yesterday i ***** head reversed into my car on the asda car park........they gave me there details..of which were correct. My insurers told me last night that "Karl Vella" of Skemersdale will be doing the repair, but i insisted it went to Mr "T" of Wigan...they said i could do that but it would take longer so i agreed to Karl Vella group doing it...I have since been told that Karl Vella are crap as they rush jobs and things go missed,,,so i know i am going to insist it goes to Mr T.....up until now the woman who reversed into me hasnt admitted liability and my excess hasnt yet been waived which is with my insurance company is £325.00...but will be waived once liability is admitted....could sumone explain to me the whole process of getting your car sorted through insurance and how long it takes...to say i am P****ed Off is an understatement....PP.....Thanx guys in advance...also i was soooo enjoying driving around this week in the sunshine and if i get a curtesy car will it be a bog standard one or can i get an equivalent softop/convertable??????????

Sorry to hear about that Penelope.

Hope you get it sorted soon to your satisfaction.

Unfortunately for you, the courtesy car may only be a small hatchback as most insurance companies will not fund the cost of a convertible as a basic car is only supplied to keep you mobile whilst yours is repaired.

I'm gutted for you :(

As far as repairs go I think the insurance might be a bit iffy if you don't use their "Recommended" repairer, but I would contact them with your concerns and ask what the proceedings are should the work be less than acceptable or not up to Toyota standards for the continuation of the corrosion warranty.

Don't forget to note date/times of calls and get names. :yes:

Good luck :thumbsup:

Les

I phoned my insurance company this morning and its going into Mr T....so i have to take it to MrT on monday to get a quote... :(

When the works done if your not happy send it back to be done again until its up to scratch.

Re Courtesy cars, if your insurance company deals with firm's like crashcareline,accident exchange etc or similar you can get an equivalent or better courtesy car then your own car, next time you speak to them ask, the bill goes to the 3rd party.

Yes will do.... i understand that the 3rd party will pik up the tab ;) altho as of yet they havnt admitted liability, unless it takes a few days to process,,which is worrying :(

Regarding how long to sort out... can be quick can take ages depending mainly on the guilty party accepting liability or not...I hope they do as Im sorry to hear someone hit ur babe and appears not to be right up front.

The 1 accident I was responsible for, I emphasised at every point I accepted liability as I was responsible and the other guy got his van sorted within a fortnight. The woman who wrecked my 2 caused the claim to be strung out for around 4 months until she was told she was liable... even with the police saying she was responsible :(

reg courtesy car... when my 2 got wrecked, I was offered an rx8. I didnt take it tho as the other party didnt accept liability and if it was found by the insurers(it would have been a travesty) to be 'liable' in part or in full then I would have had to pay. Thing to consider. Not sure if the next bit is accross the board but... i was told that I could have only had a courtesy car upto the first offer made by the other insurer with them paying for it if the other party was found found liable. After that it was my responsibility to sort alternative transport if I disagreed with the offer. They offered me a ridiculously low amount, the offer of a courtesy car was negated, I had to struggle on without my 2 or a courtesy car for around 2 months after....

Hope my experience contains some elements that will help you know what you need..

Also hope your 2 gets sorted quickly and with minimal fuss ;)

:thumbsup: arrr thanx for that and thanx for all ur replies,,keep you posted :thumbsup:

awww love... gutted for you! hope you get it all sorted out soon! xxxxxx

My wost nightmare!!

I try and park in the middle of no where!

Hope it is all sorted, seem to remember that MrT completely wash and valet your car when you get it back!!

My wost nightmare!!

I try and park in the middle of no where!

Hope it is all sorted, seem to remember that MrT completely wash and valet your car when you get it back!!

You really cant win, if you park away from other cars yours gets bust into (according to plod) and if you park near other cars they open their doors into you or worse crash into you, i hate these :censor:

Yeah..cabcurtains...thats exactly it.......i was goin to go this year to one of those meets that TOC have,,,,,,however i am not going until my MR2 has had its wrinkles ironed out and a re spray..and that goes for me too........LOL :yahoo:

Very helpfull today at Mr T in Wigan but i have to take it back for the estimator or sumone to look over it and tell me and my insurers how much it will cost,,he said its only cosmetic(whatever that means) and offered me a curtesy car,,,but i am claiming for a curtesy car through the womans insurers that drove into me,,am i doing the best thing or should i get Mr Ts curtesy car??? Thanx in advance PP

• 4 weeks later...
:lol: Well i took my car into Mr T on Monday and they gave me a Agyo(sp) or summat dull an borin like that, as my curtesy car....i felt like i was driving a mini bus,,albeit a small car,,and i felt that i was perched high up...Just waitin for the call from Mr T..to say when my lovely "Penmobile" will be ready to pick up...

You should take photo's of where the accident happened. If Asda have CCTV I would try to get hold of that as evidence. If the pereson who hits you starts getting funny about accepting liability you will need as much proof as you can get.

I had someone drive into the back of me on a roundabout. It took me 6 months to get my insurer to see I had a case then another 12 months for it to get to the small claims. At which point I won with all costs etc paid by the other insurer and my no claims restored. In the mean time I had to renew my policy with a reduced no claim bonus (extra premium refunded after the win). All of the delay was caused as the other party had a witness who claimed the accident was my fault but my insurance company had not bothered to read the statment. I had to point out all of the laws of physics my car would have to break for what they said to have happened to have occured. Insurance companies will always go for the least risk/cost option for them.

As for repairs I had the bumper replaced by my insurers recommended repair centre and I still had to point out they had fitted the reversing and rear fog lights to the wrong side of the car.

Thanks for your replies... i pick my car up tomorrow from Mr T..all done and dusted and finished off with supergaurd....thank goodness i havnt missed too much sunshine xx

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Went to Mr T Friday..picked my car up..and itsa great job..so trauma over :thumbsup::thumbsup: i am lookin forward to lots more of hot sunshine :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links