Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential Yaris Owner... Advice Please

mandyh

I'm looking at buying a 1.0 VVT-i T3 Yaris. 2005 05 Plate with only 21k miles.

I'm in two minds about forking out £400 for the 12 month warrenty with the dealer - Evans Halshaw. I've looked into the reliabilty etc of owners and it seems to be a solid car. Would you think it's worth it?

Also, is there anything I should be looking out for with this car that is a known problem?

Cheers.

Mandy

Hi Mandy

Welcome to TOC!

Are Evans Halshaw a Toyota dealership? Toyota include a 12 month warranty with their used cars included in the price.... I wouldn't pay £400 for one!

It's a Vauxhall dealership but has a large stock of various used cars. He says it comes with a standard 3 months warranty which I think will do because the car seems to be reliable. Just wondering from experience of others would £400 actually be worth the money especially as we have a car mechanic in the family who can get cheap parts if anything was to go wrong.

It's a Vauxhall dealership but has a large stock of various used cars. He says it comes with a standard 3 months warranty which I think will do because the car seems to be reliable. Just wondering from experience of others would £400 actually be worth the money especially as we have a car mechanic in the family who can get cheap parts if anything was to go wrong.

You can buy warranties for between £150 and £200 for a Yaris that will be the same as the dealer is offering, (shows how much commission is in them), check the web for companies like warranty direct/the warranty group, they are the people to deal direct with.

Be careful with warranties as they don’t cover many of the general wear and tear items i.e brakes, tyres, exhausts, belts, they also don’t cover adjusting or cleaning things eg squeaky brakes

To be fair though, you would be seriously unlucky if a 3yr old Yaris with 21k had major problems. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your replies folks. I'm pretty set on getting this car, but the deal has got to be good. I'm currently awaiting a phone call back to see how much they are going to give me for my current car. So depending on figures, I may just be popping back here as a new yaris owner.

Cheers!! :thumbsup:

Hi Mandy

Welcome to TOC!

Are Evans Halshaw a Toyota dealership? Toyota include a 12 month warranty with their used cars included in the price.... I wouldn't pay £400 for one!

Welcome :thumbsup:

I bought a Gen 6 Celica from Evans Halshaw, with a (thankfully thrown in with the price) '£400' warrantly to cover the car for 12 months, after one week the clutch failed and the car was diagnosed by a Toyota dealership as being unsafe to drive. I eventually managed to get the clutch changed (after initial refusal by Evans Halshaw, citing it as wear and tear) by standing in the middle of their dealership and shouting infront of other customers that they had sold me a dangerous car. The replacement clutch was a 'Quinton Hazell' pattern part, and although I complained that the item was not genuine they said it was 'equivalent quality,' which it is not. They also advised me that they do not fit genuine reaplacement parts to Toyotas as they claim the 'pattern' parts they fit are of an equivalent quality. Which they are not.

My advice - buy the car but leave the warranty, as has been said before you would be very unlucky to have any issues with a Yaris of that age and mileage. Best of luck, and hopefully you will get a good deal for your current car and we'll see you back here soon :D