Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Yaris 1.0 T3 Or Peugoet 206

EZN

Hi guys!

Just wondering if I could get some thoughts and feedback, having searced the forums over last week, and read all the praise you guys heap on the Yaris, I am still unsure. Basically I have an 51 plate 206 1.4 with AC (only redeeming feature) and to be fair its been nothing but a pain, and I've got the chance of a 04 Yaris 1.0 T3 with 24k on the clock for £3500 but I dont know if the engine will be enough (weekends I do a 160 mile round trip along the A14, otherwise only about 5 miles a day) have driven the Yaris a few times in past (as its a friends) and always enjoyed driving it, but never really took it on the motorway or anything, so basically would I be doing the right thing buying it, is the mpg good or do you have to drive it carefully to get anywhere near qouted figures? Also i flicked through the book and am I right in remembering it doesnt have a timing belt?

Many thanks for any help!

Alex

lol, you're not gunna get any other answer then get it.

it will be more then up to the job for what you want. mpg is very good even if you a ranter.

lol, you're not gunna get any other answer then get it.

it will be more then up to the job for what you want. mpg is very good even if you a ranter.

I'm not really expecting anyone to say stick with the 206, just want some confirmation that the little 1.0 will do what i want when i want.

1.0 will be adequate enough - I take my 1.0 Aygo on the motorway and I have the 3 cylinder 1.0, so if I can do it ok, you should be able to! Plus it'll be a hell of a lot better to drive than the 206 - ghastly cars! :shutit:

Ok, i had a GS for along time and it handled the long journeys no problem. So reliable. I now have a T-pot and my sister has my 1.0l GS, she does even longer journeys than I do and its great. Not sure about the timing belt though.

Im sure you'll make the right decision.

i had a 1.0 2002 model and it was fine for the motorways. ok it was abit of a struggle if you were going up hill and had a full back seat,bags etc. but otherwise it was great. only difference with a 1.0 is the pulling away at roundabouts for example. i notice the difference now i have a 1.3

try looking for a 1.3... it'll be even better...

I used to make the front tyres squeel every time i pushed the accelerator... I've calmed down a lot now though

am I right in remembering it doesnt have a timing belt?

all yaris have timing chains

Do it. Sounds like a good deal. Only issue is if you like having loads of power or if you're looking for something adequate for your needs. If its the latter then just go for it. Why not ask your friend to take it for a drive on the motorway before you decide?

Worst that could happen is that you sell it on and get your money back if not more.

Hi guys!

Just wondering if I could get some thoughts and feedback, having searced the forums over last week, and read all the praise you guys heap on the Yaris, I am still unsure. Basically I have an 51 plate 206 1.4 with AC (only redeeming feature) and to be fair its been nothing but a pain, and I've got the chance of a 04 Yaris 1.0 T3 with 24k on the clock for £3500 but I dont know if the engine will be enough (weekends I do a 160 mile round trip along the A14, otherwise only about 5 miles a day) have driven the Yaris a few times in past (as its a friends) and always enjoyed driving it, but never really took it on the motorway or anything, so basically would I be doing the right thing buying it, is the mpg good or do you have to drive it carefully to get anywhere near qouted figures? Also i flicked through the book and am I right in remembering it doesnt have a timing belt?

Many thanks for any help!

Alex

Timing chain, not belt. Look out for a 1.3 as a little more power but get the 1.0 if none about for similar cash. You WON'T regret it! :toast:

From experience I'd stay well clear of anything french!! I've just bought a 1.0 Yaris and it's the bees knees. I reckon it'll happily do a 160 mile round trip without any bother! Go get it!!

:D

From experience I'd stay well clear of anything french!! I've just bought a 1.0 Yaris and it's the bees knees. I reckon it'll happily do a 160 mile round trip without any bother! Go get it!!

:D

sorry have to quote this...

mainly because your yaris was made in france :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links