Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeeking/ Creaking Noise

51plate

Hi everyone

I have this really annoying squeaking/creaking noise coming from the underside of my car.

The noise is not coming from the engine bay

It does not do it when i go over bumps. Or when going round corners. I have checked the front capilers for seizure and they are fine. I have also checked the back rubber exhaust mount.

It seems to be from directly underneath me.

The guy i bought the car from said he had it checked out by Toyota on its service in Feb 2008 (bought it in March)

and there are no comments on the inspection sheet?? And they said it was fine...

Any ideas?

Blimey, and I thought it was just me ! I got the same problem - not from the engine bay or from the dash - but right beneath me :wacko:

It sounds like it's coming from the underside of the drivers seat ? Not had the time to look under there though. Probably something that a bit of WD40 could sort out?

wd40 is a degrease/cleaner not a lubricant and is never the answer unless you are removing things or need to expel moisture. if the squeek is when you press the clutch you need a new master cylinder - common fault that toyota are aware of and upgraded the part. just an after thought - your not on about the seatbelt holder on the seat squeeking? that's common - smear of white grease sorts that.

I say this every time when a noise thread pops up hehe.

....Does it sound like a trolley?

Asda trolley or Sainsbury's trolley? :lol: no seriously - not sure what you mean. when is the sound occuring and roughly where from?

i have one similar when i turn right ? sounds as if it comes from steering column direction

wd40 is a degrease/cleaner not a lubricant and is never the answer unless you are removing things or need to expel moisture. if the squeek is when you press the clutch you need a new master cylinder - common fault that toyota are aware of and upgraded the part. just an after thought - your not on about the seatbelt holder on the seat squeeking? that's common - smear of white grease sorts that.

Must dissagree with you there.....................WD 40 IS a lubricant

PRODUCT INFORMATION (From WD - 40 website)

WD-40 protects metal from rust and corrosion, penetrates stuck or jammed parts, displaces moisture, and lubricates just about anything. WD-40 is also great when it comes to cleaning grease, grime, and other marks from most surfaces.

I say this every time when a noise thread pops up hehe.

....Does it sound like a trolley?

Asda trolley or Sainsbury's trolley? :lol: no seriously - not sure what you mean. when is the sound occuring and roughly where from?

haha, apparently Sainsbury trolleys have better suspension and bigger rims....just kidding.

The squeeking noise sounds like a trolley....just something is loose..

Ha ha thats i another noise i have! the pedal is a bit squeaky sometimes but does not affect my gearchange! I guess Toyota will not replace that part for free..?

Its not as loud as the main Squeak/ trolley noise from underneath me!!

Seems to be when i accelarate quickly then release the pedal !! Could be the seat where do i grease it?

aVYyeEJ.jpg

aVYytCA.jpg

I'm pretty sure of where the grinding/squeaking noise come from. I have the same problem and i have located the sound to the manifold-springs.

As the engine move a little when you press or release the accelerator the springs in the connection between the exhaust manifold and the cat will grind. Check these and replace them if needed.

WD-40 protects metal from rust and corrosion, penetrates stuck or jammed parts, displaces moisture, and lubricates just about anything. WD-40 is also great when it comes to cleaning grease, grime, and other marks from most surfaces.

try using it as a lube and see how long the part lasts! and if all your basing your claim on is the wd40 site, says the same on the front of the can ....... and you really went and looked :lol:

try using it as a lube and see how long the part lasts! and if all your basing your claim on is the wd40 site, says the same on the front of the can ....... and you really went and looked :lol:

War Department 1940 as the rumour goes, WD40 is overpriced rubbish, as it contains no teflon in the formula it wont last long at all. I know this as i used to work for Wurth, they do make quality products.

they wonder why they had to put the mod bashing post up? it is a rubbish product, i only use to remove things but me mate swears by that plus gas one for removing rusted on bits - says that works much better. spraying wd40 on clutch components :clown:

they wonder why they had to put the mod bashing post up? it is a rubbish product, i only use to remove things but me mate swears by that plus gas one for removing rusted on bits - says that works much better. spraying wd40 on clutch components :clown:

WD40 is one of those household names that people just buy without thinking about, along with many other things non of which i can think of now :lol:

I hear its good for getting tar off the car, i havnt used it for this myself but a mate tried it and said it worked great.

I get squeaks when I put the car in to First gear.

No, not from the clutch either! from the gear box.

mine sounded like it was coming from the box - mr t tried greasing things, as any cowboy would, then changing the pivot arm. didnt cure and i got sick and tired so went to another dealer. its on the list of common probs with t sport, service fella even showed me on the toyota system - changed master cylinder for upgraded part and the squeek magically dissappeared. it amazes me this problem still crops up - must be a lot of owners who just put up with things and crap dealers not willing to put problems right and then the poor beggar that buys the car has to sort it - often out of warranty when it could have been sorted gratis in the first place?

mine sounded like it was coming from the box - mr t tried greasing things, as any cowboy would, then changing the pivot arm. didnt cure and i got sick and tired so went to another dealer. its on the list of common probs with t sport, service fella even showed me on the toyota system - changed master cylinder for upgraded part and the squeek magically dissappeared. it amazes me this problem still crops up - must be a lot of owners who just put up with things and crap dealers not willing to put problems right and then the poor beggar that buys the car has to sort it - often out of warranty when it could have been sorted gratis in the first place?

Hmmm, Well mine isn't under warranty anymore as I missed the 30k Service. Whoops... But hey, if you cant afford the service.. do it yourself!

I'll put up with the squeak as I don't really notice it all too often.

• 3 weeks later...
aVYyeEJ.jpg

aVYytCA.jpg

I'm pretty sure of where the grinding/squeaking noise come from. I have the same problem and i have located the sound to the manifold-springs.

As the engine move a little when you press or release the accelerator the springs in the connection between the exhaust manifold and the cat will grind. Check these and replace them if needed.

I am with you on this... same noise coming from the same place :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links