Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tape Deck Mean No Cd Changer Port?

turnby

Hey There

New here since I'm getting a Yaris soon. Anyways, In my Renault Clio I fitted a Connects2 AUX Cable into the CD changer port on the back of the original head unit.

Do the Yaris that have tape decks have this port also or a similar connection? Otherwise I'd have to buy a new head unit right? The Car I'm getting is a 1.0 VVT Colour Collection 3DR, 03 Plate,

Thanks in advance

Turnby

i dont think any of the yarii has tape decks?

For the phase 1 Yaris cassette players were standard in the S, GS, GLS and Colour Collection Blue models - the CD player was an option in these. CD players were standard in the CDX, SR and T-Sport as well as the Colour Collection Red. Not sure about which, if any, of the phase 2 models had cassette as standard.

Again, on the phase 1 there was the option to fit a 6 disc CD or 6 minidisc multichanger, across all the models, so I assume the cassette fitted cars must have a 'port' somewhere to enable this. Not sure about the connectivity though. Hope this helps in some little way :)

Cool - I'll take that as Yes an order the correct AUX cable for a Yaris from Connects2.

Will let you know how I get on.

ll the Yaris had the option od six cd player, I have one from new in my cdx.

However, I think it is not a "port" but a multi plug connecter, which they have many of varying sizes on the back of the system, for connecting the 6 disc cd player, rear Speakers, sub-woofers etc.

I assume you are trying to connect an ipod, or similar.

I would try to find out for sure before buying. I remember people having trouble fitting certain connects2 stuff here in the past, sound fading, etc, so make sure you get the right stuff to avoid disapointment. :unsure:

I too have a 1.0 VVT Colour Collection 3DR, 03 Plate. The previous owner had a Toyota CD player fitted, she worked for Toyota so the expense and hard work of getting a CD fitted fell on her.

My mates ***** themselves that it has a tape deck fitted, telling me I need a copy of 'Now! Thats What I call music Vol. 1' to put it to good use.

I hope the fit goes well.

I've got a Yaris S, which came with a tape deck.

when I bought the car, Toyota messed around with the log book, which delayed the sale by two weeks. For this I asked them to fit a CD player.

Dash.JPG

The best thing about the tape deck, is you can use a tape to Ipod converter :-)/

I've used tape adapters in the past but don't like how some tape decks have a firm connection, from tape to playhead and there's the noise of the tape churning around.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

Tried fitting the cable today with mixed results. All the wires and connectors matched up fine and everything although....when I go to change the input (radio>line in) by pressing the Radio-CD button......nothing happends....Very strange I thought.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

It's an 03 Colour Collection Yaris. that came with a tape deck but trying to fit the Connects2 AUX Cable to.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• 4 months later...

Did you have any luck with this in the end turnby? You find a solution? I've just bought myself an 03 Yaris GS and it's got a tape deck. Want to connect my ipod to the back.

Did you get the toyota y connector which is needed to run a multichanger? i had to get it. I have got the x-carlink ipod adapter which is similar to the connects 2. I have a part number if you need it. it is so the controls still work as well as the new device. It was just over £20

Hey All,

Tried fitting the cable today with mixed results. All the wires and connectors matched up fine and everything although....when I go to change the input (radio>line in) by pressing the Radio-CD button......nothing happends....Very strange I thought.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

It's an 03 Colour Collection Yaris. that came with a tape deck but trying to fit the Connects2 AUX Cable to.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links