Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Few Carina E Drivers

Dragon Racing

Cheers mate, I'l try that this very day. have you changed the seats in your car at all? IF so have you fitted a set from another type of Toyota? I would like to get rid of mine dur to the disgusting fabric pattern! I have changed the fabric on my door-cards already to get rid of it.

Monkey Boy

PS. Forgot to say where I'm from when I joined. It's sunny Scotland. :afro:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~Rach~

• Dragon Racing

• Zz24hours

• Carinaboy

I've changed the front seats.

But they are not from another Toyota.

The new seats are from Raceland.

The S-GTB-II

Mine are without the leather

S_GTB_II.jpg

IVE GOT A GTI,NEVER SEEN ANOTHER IN MY AREA;WILLENHALL WEST MIDS. THEY MAY LOOK A BIT OF A FOGEYS CAR BUT THEY GO LIKE HELL.IVE PUT A k&N FILTER ON AND IT ROARS LIKE A LION;MY MATES GOT A MR2 WITH THE SAME ENGINE AND I BLOW HISS ***** OFF.IVE OWNED IT 3 YEARS AND NEVER PUT A SPANNER ON IT APART FROM SERVICE.ITS ONLY A 1993 BUT HAS NOT ONE BIT OF RUST AND SHINES LIKE A PIN .WHEN I CAN BE ****D TO CLEAN IT.ANY MORE HAPPY CHAPPIES OUT THERE :D

MY MATES GOT A MR2 WITH THE SAME ENGINE AND I BLOW HISS ***** OFF

nice then :-) .. takin out a rear wheel drive car with the same specs :thumbsup:

I you wanna hear roar .. then I'll se if I can get a soundfile with my 5ZIGEN endpipe next week on a dynorun :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

All u guys have new cars.. I baught carina at170 today.. ;-) .. full options + alloy

i searched all over the net for at 170 .. but no result..

u guys have any idea of it.. i will post some pics later...

can i join with u this carina at 170 ??

Hi.

I have a Carina E 2.0 Gli. Love it, it´s my second one. Looked all over the contry when I bought this one (manual). I have had most Toyota models, but this one seems to be the best.

Jón Garðar

Reykjavík Iceland

Nice bord you´ve got here

Oooooooo more carina owners!

Good good :D

Nice to know there are loads of us out there! (well considering 4million carinas were built worldwide lol)

Hallo there!!I am a new member as you can understand and a Carina E 1.6 Gli happy owner also!! :P(made in Japan not England). So i have done a few modifications and i'd like you to have a look and tell me your opinion about them..

Suspension:KONI red-Eibach -3.5cm lowering springs,alloy 14''(gkrrrr) wheels and michelin pilot exalto 195/60/14 tyres..Sparco iron adjustable front strut brace.. :D

Engine: Hand made inox(stainless steel,i don;t know exactly the world in english :angry: ) from the 2-1 and to the end keeping the catalytic converter.When i say 2-1 i mean from the 4-2-1 of the exhaust manifold(?) the second part 2-1 which was very very short and was killing the perforamnce of the car especially at low rpm!K&N performance filter inside the stock airbox.. :D

ICE:Pioneer DEH-P7500MP,Peerless tweeters and Audax Speakers front(Peerless 16cm wouldn't fit) and Peerless tweeters and Speakers back 13cm..Amplifiers and Subs are a plan for the future! :thumbsup:

So i am very satisfied with the result i got from the suspension knowing that it is not the best i could choose but i think KONI doesn't produce yellow series for Carina E..I was also very happy feeling the steering wheel being a lot more immediate at cornering because of the strut brace and giving you more information of what's going on! :)

Also the exhaust i installed gave the car what was missing at low rpm,much torque and at high rpm i saw increasement of horsepower! :thumbsup:

But there is a problem!When i installed the K&N filter inside the airbox and after the installation of the exhaust i noticed that the car lost its power compared to the stock Denso air filter!!I got sad and felt bad because a payed 70Euros for this and i saw reduction of torque and hp! :drool: Can anybody tell me why is this happening???? :help: My first thought was that the car runs at of fuel because of the more air that goes inside the engine but the a/f meter and the lamda sensor would understand this and give more fuel!So what can i do??HELP!

Thank you in advance,SORRY FOR THE LARGE POST AND FOR MY ENGLISH!!It was the first one here!LOL!I hope that more carina owners would come here so we can exchange our knowledge C YAAAA :group-cuddles:

great ...

carina at170. it has independent suspensions. may be all carinas. anybody knows advantages/desadvantages?

anybody ever heard abt carina at170 1.5CC year 1989 ;0)

-xped

Ello mate! Im here too lol :lol:

And Christian (well he just gets everywhere ;) )

Rach xx

weve had our 1600 auto gli for 7 years was orginally the family wagon. and is now my dads fishing car...been an amazing reliable carto own and has been known to venture down circuit and hold its own hehe....i use it for work sometimes as my 20v isnt really the car for work....no way hosey!!

Hi DR - I've got a bog standard 2.0GLi auto estate, and it's one of the best cars I've ever owned! The only drawback is the insurance group. Apart from that, it's comfy, fairly economical, not unpleasant to look at and very reliable. I did own a Celica XT2.0 a good fewyears ago and that was the same. I think my next car will be another Toyota. :thumbsup:

Just a quick question

How many of you that have carinas have modifed them at all and what did you do?

Sorry, just my inquisative mind again. See so many standard ones around! :thumbsup:

Rach xx

Take a look at a few posts above..I have writen a full description of my modifications!Soon reprogramming of the ECU and K&N filter to be fitted!Also 215/45/16 tyres!

Arghhhhh hours after posting, the other half orders hundreds of pounds of things for the car!!!

Good thing he doesnt use his credut card as he would have ordered most the TRD site by now lol :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I did a lot of mods to my Carina (a red 1992 GTi Liftback) and drove it the last 4 years. Now it will be my all day driven wintercar because my allday driven summercar is a 03 Corolla TS since last month. Additional to this I own a 1986 MR2 ,witch is my just4funcar.

my_car_newfrontcorner_1.jpg

More about my Carina: www.toyotacarina.de

Best regards, Eric

Seen you car/website before :D

Nice car!!

Hello there,my English is not very good because i'm from Ukraine..

I have a Toyota Carina E XLi 1,6 16V 4A-FE Leanburn '95 .... the car is amazing...this is my first one...but i want to get more power then 106 ps....what can i do with it? :unsure:

I have a Carina E 16V 4A-FE Emerald version and i'm looking for engine mods to gain some power, any ideas ?

Is it possible to put a turbo on it ?

(sry for my english :) )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links