Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica St Tuning

smarties

Hi,

I've recently bought the Generation 6 Celica ST (would have got the GT but i'm 19 and couldn't get insured) I've lowered it, tinted it, put new alloys on it and a big sound system.

I'm looking though for some ways to increase the serious lack of power in the car. I don't know if it's just me but i can't find any performance parts for the ST anywhere?! I can't even find blinking performance discs anywhere...spoke to demon tweeks and they've got close to nothing for the ST.

Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction as to where i might be able to get some parts and what parts you think would be good.

Thought about a re-map but for 1.8 non turbo it wouldn't really do much :( any ideas?

Please help me lol

Mike

• 2 months later...

Hey up

This may be a shot in the dark as you posted the above a while ago!

I'm in almost the exact same situation as you, I'm 19 with a 1.8 gen 6 and cant find ANYTHING in regards of modifications for it :(

I haven't done anything with it yet but as with any 19 year old lad with a nice car, I have my plans for it! There's some body kits on eBay for it, but they look a bit tacky on the pictures n I'm not a massive fan of big body kits. I'm hoping I'll be able to find an understated body kit somewhere and possibly a gt4 bonnet to drop onto it, also after a spoiler but there are plenty of those about.

Visual mods seem to be fairly common, but I'm much more interested in performance parts and am having real trouble finding anything. Have you had any joy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Luke

the st is very limited as to performance mods without spending an absolute fortune on a turbo which i know has been done but for the standard st you could maybe fit a kn57i induction kit and decat the exhaust which will make freer reving not great gain but some :thumbsup:

If you can't insure a GT, i don't think you can insure an ST with performance mods tbh.

They all have to be declared or you're driving without insurance, which is a bad idea....

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think for now it'll have to be the induction kit and decat as this doesn't affect my insurance too much, then maybe some point next year I'll go for the GT or something of similar spec.

Thanks again :)

Luke

• 2 weeks later...

i've seen loads of companies in america selling stainless steel manifolds, over here cant find much tho as i've been looking for ages. you cant get hold of a chip maybe a piggy back chip might be an option? otherwise just induction, exhaust system and maybe lighten the car up, pointless interior and carbon bonnet always sheds a few pounds, but obviously thats $$$$ and if you declare it you might as well have got a GT ;]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I've got an ST, I'm busy tuning my engine. I've got K&N Induction and custom made stainless cover over that. Magnecor leads are coming tuesday, new spark plugs, getting fuel line insulation pipes soon. All this should make the car run loads better.

for headers and stuff id advise buying from eBay in the USa (XS-Power are semi decent, and importantly cheap)

mods for a 1.8na car arent really going to give you much poke though...

induction kits can be £100+ to your premium, some may refuse to insure you...make sure you know what you are getting into.

i have an st and if u need something faster buying a gt is ur only option an st usually keeps its value better than a gt as its cheaper to run so it should be easy enough to swap realistically adding an air filter and exhaust system will beef it up abit any more mods and insurance will be higher than a gt anyway there arnt many induction kits for a st i have K&N 57i which are very good on the st

• 4 months later...

Hello again all, thanks for all your feedback, i decided to keep my car with the mods i had done and leave it at that. I'm now putting a deposit down on a Gen 7 GT should have it by the end of the month. Thanks again for the replies i received .

• 1 month later...

I also got the 6th gen ST when I was 18, haha but instead of modding it, I'm fixing it up to sell for money towards a gt-four alltrac, i cant wait!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links