Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

You Opinions Please...

-T- Sport

Righto, So obviously with me getting my new 18"s soon I figure i'll have to lower the car.

Shall i change the whole system or just use different springs? I dont need her stupidly low as I dont want to sacrifice every bit of comfort I have, just enough so i cant fit my bloomin' head through the gap!

Also, 2 of my 'friends' have just bought themselves new cars. Everyone being big headed around here wanted me to prove theirs was faster than mine.

Now the First one has a Clio 172, Now I'm pretty sure I'd take that if I tried... But the other has a Seat Leon FR 2.016V Turbo with 197HP. Not too sure about that one...

What you guys think? Any suggestions on springs would be nice! :P

What profile of tyre have the 18's got?

You will be pretty close with the Leon as you've got a Typhoon, let us know what happens on the "track".

215/35/ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-S I've gone for.

Make a change from the Mitchies.

I'll let you know how my Track experience goes :)

Its going have to come down a bit, coilover's or springs, all depends on how far your pockets stretch :lol:

Not very far at the moment as we're looking to buy a house. I'd much rather just change the springs.

Yea, so the Facelift is 15mm lower than the pre-facelift, but it'll still look like it's on stilts :( so what springs should I go for? :P

tte, H&R, Eibach

well, 18" will slow ur car down a bit as it is heavier, so i think it may be ideal to put the standard 16" on when u race with Seat Leon, also take the spare wheel out.

tte, H&R, Eibach

well, 18" will slow ur car down a bit as it is heavier, so i think it may be ideal to put the standard 16" on when u race with Seat Leon, also take the spare wheel out.

Yea I'm fully aware that the 18's will add more wwight, but i'm not too bothered about that - I'd much prefer the looks over a few extra MPH or seconds on my 0-60.

When and if I do take it to the tracks vs a FR, It wont only be the 16's back on, the spare wheel out, I'll be losing all sorts out of it xD

What's the drop like with the TTE springs? I can't seme to find any Eibach ones? o.O;

i wouldnt be suprised if it was neck and neck with the FR , and i would be disapointed if u were behind the 172, they are good for corners etc but if u have coilovers or springs u should be ahead. its all about the lift but with the FR your against a turbo lol

i too would love some new wheels i may go same as you with 18's, have to remortgage in july so i shall be borrowing some extra pennies to treat myself :D

oh and some coilovers would be lovely, will be a mission getting the misus to see sense in me getting some though lol

had a play with one of them clio's - bit embarrssing really. standing start the leon should have you, but on a rolling start its much more even - more skill/luck then. i dont really go out for a play often and only if its worth it. boxters are me favourite :lol:

edit: with just springs on the clio will still handle better i think.

tte, H&R, Eibach

Yea I'm fully aware that the 18's will add more wwight, but i'm not too bothered about that - I'd much prefer the looks over a few extra MPH or seconds on my 0-60.

When and if I do take it to the tracks vs a FR, It wont only be the 16's back on, the spare wheel out, I'll be losing all sorts out of it xD

What's the drop like with the TTE springs? I can't seme to find any Eibach ones? o.O;

The TTE springs lower the pre facelift by 30mm approx, as yours is facelift i will either go down 15mm or 30mm, there must be someone on here who has fitted them to a facelift car.

clio 172 coodnt catch me on the track the other week...thee. that was before the typhoon kit was installed (it was on the way to pick it up from friends house, which is on this err...track) ^_^

i'm fittin a set of 18's this weekend. OZ superleggera's

got a set of 225/40 kumho's(for the wet weather in ireland :D )

the GAP (more like black hole) ibetween the back wheel and the arch is very big especially in a pre facelift!!

i got a steal 2 weeks ago tho.

a guy was sellin tein coilovers for a t sport but he didnt quiet know what they were.

i got them for 200 euros! super street height adj and damper adj. sweet :thumbsup:

so i'll be playin with the height for most of the weekend till it fits right.

Are they much slower with 18's over the 16's??

I had an e11 before this with tte springs and 16's and the tire rubbing arch got really annoying, any of this in the t sports with bigger wheels?

Righto, So obviously with me getting my new 18"s soon I figure i'll have to lower the car.

Shall i change the whole system or just use different springs? I dont need her stupidly low as I dont want to sacrifice every bit of comfort I have, just enough so i cant fit my bloomin' head through the gap!

Also, 2 of my 'friends' have just bought themselves new cars. Everyone being big headed around here wanted me to prove theirs was faster than mine.

Now the First one has a Clio 172, Now I'm pretty sure I'd take that if I tried... But the other has a Seat Leon FR 2.016V Turbo with 197HP. Not too sure about that one...

What you guys think? Any suggestions on springs would be nice! :P

i fitted a set of 225 35 18's a few weeks back on my compressor .. i would imagine ur car would look pretty much the same if u were to get tte springs.. u can check out the pics if u want

clicky

in regards to the handlinga nd speed it is pretty much the same.. but then again i did get light alloys

im looking to get some coilovers for myself soon just for better handling and altho springs are a quick fix u might find urself remplacing ur dampers quite often if ur planning to keep the car for a while.

as for the seat.. nearly had the chance race 2 cupra R fr'S yesterday on a "track" but the jumped the lights...SLY!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links