Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where's The Ecu Located On A Toyota Celica Vvti X Reg

cmw1983

Can Anyone Help me out im have lost my car keys and need the ecu reset but to do this i need to take it off and send it away. I have been told by numourous people that it is located under the bonnet on the right hand side, but still can't find it. Can anyone be more specific,

The car is as follows

1.8 Celica VVTI 140

Year 2000 X Reg

Please Help Ive Been without my car for over a month now boohoo. :(

• 1 month later...
Can Anyone Help me out im have lost my car keys and need the ecu reset but to do this i need to take it off and send it away. I have been told by numourous people that it is located under the bonnet on the right hand side, but still can't find it. Can anyone be more specific,

The car is as follows

1.8 Celica VVTI 140

Year 2000 X Reg

Please Help Ive Been without my car for over a month now boohoo. :(

Under the bonnet. Right hand side. There's a black cover with two 10mm bolts either side - says something like DO NOT OPEN and in french 'ne pas de ouvrir" or similar. Undo these. Then you'll see the ECU. Remove the blue connector to the left. There's one 10mm bolt under that. Undo that. Then there's a black security bracket held in with tamperproof screws (5 splined security bit). Remove these and then you can disconnect the plugs that go in the ECU and it will come out.

I am a vehicle locksmith and can program keys directly into this by return of post. My website is www.keyprogrammers.com

Hope this helps,

Chris Cleasby.

MVL Ltd.