Do Not Sell My Personal Information

98 Corolla radio removal

grahamj

Hello all,

I wondered if anyone might be able to suggest how I remove the radio/cass from my 98 Corolla so I may replace it with a funky new cd player. I removed the narrow plastic surround but couldn't see any obvious screws to remove or clips to pop to allow the radio to come out. I wondered if the "hump" in the dash containing the radio unit should come off to allow access. It seems pretty securely fixed though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Graham.

• 4 months later...

hiya graham,

I've just brought a corolla 1.3 se '99 with the famous dash hump, and I'm stuck as well!

..but I've got a feeling it's got something to do with the air vents (under the hump), because if you flip these to face down, you will see the words ' radio service' embossed on the inside of the vent housing.

I'm gonna contact an ICE dealer soon, because nobody, (get this!!) NOT EVEN MY !Removed! TOYOTA MAIN DEALER :lol: knows how to remove the stereo in the correct manner. (they suggested prising the hump off with a screw driver :o )

I'm on the case.......

hi i replied to the other post you left but here it is again remove the air vents and the two screws behind them hump simply lifts off