Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where To Put The Amp?

shakman87

spent a few mins checking out the boot of the t-pot to see where i can mount my amp. couldn't actually find anywhere solid to have it. where have u guys mounted yours? thinking that i may just build a false floor and put it there. did the same in my civic and it came out looking tasty :)

NewBoot.jpg

Fits quite well in the drawer of the passenger seat :P

Where mine is anyway

sounds good. i'll be sure to check it out. is there enough air getting to it though....................i suppose it'd be about the same or more as the boot though really wouldn't it. how did u run/hide your wires?

sounds good. i'll be sure to check it out. is there enough air getting to it though....................i suppose it'd be about the same or more as the boot though really wouldn't it. how did u run/hide your wires?

If you haven't got Toyota sat nav, try looking where that goes, UNDER the passenger seat. T say cut the carpet to fit sat nav, (which was not really needed as you can get the velcro bag from an Avensis/Rav to go straight in) you could prob fit it there and still keep the drawer! You will need to make a small cut for the wiring in the carpet but it will be impossible to see with the seat in. As for air, if it gets no hotter than the sat nav or when in a false floor in the boot, it should be fine. It may even be easier to wire to both the front and rear Speakers. B)

If its a 3-door then on the inside of the arm rest behind the door pillar.

Just got to remove the plastic fitting, drill a hole or two and find something to attach the amp to - used 1/4" ply i recall. Plenty of space so wont overheat.

If its a 3-door then on the inside of the arm rest behind the door pillar.

Just got to remove the plastic fitting, drill a hole or two and find something to attach the amp to - used 1/4" ply i recall. Plenty of space so wont overheat.

This would be my prefered method.

took the tray out, and just my luck, the amp doesn't fit in it - unless i do some serious modding, which i'm not bothered to do. so looks like its going in the boot :(

took the tray out, and just my luck, the amp doesn't fit in it - unless i do some serious modding, which i'm not bothered to do. so looks like its going in the boot :(

Did you just take out the plastic tray/cup holder in the arm rest or the entire panel?

To fit the sat-nav, it is easier to remove the seat. It goes in real easy so how much more room can an amp need? The Toyota sat-nav is the size of a smll dvd player AND has room for the add on traffic divert thingy!

Toyota do say cut a hole in the carpet but as I said, this ws not needed, just the velcro bag from another Toyota, although YOU may need extra depth so cutting may be the best option. You will need the seat out though. If you can wire up an amp, you can undo four bolts to remove a seat, surely!

its a 4 channel amp running 100W RMS x 4 at 4 ohms. so its not the smallest amp. if it was running 35W RMS x 4 then it'd fit no probs. but this amp is pretty big.

i pulled the whole tray from under the seat out - didn't have anything to do with cup holders in the arm rest (thats in the back).

thinking to just run everything of the head unit now. i'll run the rear Speakers off the same wire that the front 4" Speakers are powered from. balance will be equal always so wont have to worry about moving the sound around. if it sounds underpowered and the head unit gets excessively hot then i'll run the amp.