Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

World Exclusive Spy Shots

local hero

Our roving reporter, was able (at great danger to his self ) to obtain exclusive spy shots of the bothmobile pre launch..

warringtonmeet001.jpg

the person you can see covering his ears is our beloved Kingo, you may have to speak a bit louder when you phone him up :D

warringtonmeet002.jpg

Kingo pre flight, launch was delayed whilst he made two trips to the loo :unsure: couldnt photo actual launch, shutter speed not quick enough,but this machine sounds like an Audi R8 on steroids :help: ( Kingo checking his Rolex)

warringtonmeet005.jpg

And finally our leaders, immaculate red rav, i,ve obscured his number plate Ac would have done it much neater, and yes girls he does indeed look a little like George Clooney, and Brad Pitt, rolled into one, :thumbsup: thanks for all your effort Anchorman :clap:

Nice photo's...See the Bothmobile is parked nice and straight in the disabled bay :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Call Ancormans RAV clean :lol: :lol: :lol: We can decipher that reg no problem...will post up full plate soon :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Had perfect weather for it....Did anyone get a shot of all the ravs in a perfect pose....

Had perfect weather for it....Did anyone get a shot of all the ravs in a perfect pose....

AM should certainly have one of those, the ravs were lined up for that. Like an idjut I forgot to take any photos.

You'll have to contain you excitement a bit longer Chatman, until he gets back! Hard I know. :lol:

As you said, we had good weather, even though rain was expected later. Pulled back on the drive at home and got two spots of rain on the windscreen as I did it. I can't ask for much better than that.

Blimey Stewart, from those photos, looks like the panic from getting in that vehicle temporarily aged Kingo?

I could have swore that when he left the lounge he looked about 25 years old? :unsure::lol:

Blimey Stewart, from those photos, looks like the panic from getting in that vehicle temporarily aged Kingo?

I could have swore that when he left the lounge he looked about 25 years old? :unsure::lol:

Yes, and you obviously didn't see him when he got back :( I fear when. and "if" he returns to work on Tuesday, Lindop may offer him early retirement on the grounds of senile dementure, sad really, this could spell the end of our discount parts. the best we can hope, is that Lindop offer him a back room position where he will no longer have access to the public.. :wacko::wacko: :crutchy:

Well I made it back.......Bothy arranged for the power steering to be out of action, pre launch...I held on tight and vroooommmm.........A later underwear check revealed all was well :eek:

It pulled like a train on steroids..........very quick, it even stops quickly on those 6 pot calipers :D: :D:

Reminded me a bit of my old rallying days

A good day had by all I think, well done AM for all your efforts

Kingo :thumbsup:

PS The hearing has returned to normal

Sounds like a good day had by all :thumbsup:

I'm not jealous, I had much more fun up a ladder paintinhg my hall, stairs and landing :ermm:

yeah, right :cacker:

chatman -

1. I'm disabled for various reasons and have the blue Badge to prove it.. On the 110 dash down the M6 a bang indicated a stone hitting somewhere. A stop at Lancaster found no fault. Arrival at the hotel indicated a power steering fault - ie it wasn't working. A call to the Footman James AXA breakdown dis-service told me what I already knew - the belt on the power steering pump had sheared in half lengthways (ie it was only half its normal width) and the remaining bit of the belt had flipped over onto its back giving part drive to the pump.

2. A call to The garage in Motherwell indicated a possible catastrophic failure of the pump bearing amongst several causes. I'll know by Tuesday.

3. I can say, without hesitation, that driving at 50mph+ without power steering is entirely different to having the power steering on. Those who think its only helpful at low speeds talk rubbish.

4. The plastic external trim was treated to a small amount of Autoglym vinyl cleaner on a small area - can you spot where it was tried out????

I'm not jealous, I had much more fun up a ladder paintinhg my hall, stairs and landing :ermm:

Your telling me, Iv'e now got gardening green fingers to go with the green envy :(

Your telling me, Iv'e now got gardening green fingers to go with the green envy :(

Gutted I could not attend (even to take better photo's :D :D) looked like fun....

Bothy your Bothmobile looks in tip top condition...and bet the beast has the oomph to match...No power steering and those wheels... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had a chap decorate my hall landing and stairs while i was on holiday, he did it all through my letter box, turned out he was a gynacologist :D

sorry if thats a bit naughty, :unsure:

I had a chap decorate my hall landing and stairs while i was on holiday, he did it all through my letter box, turned out he was a gynacologist :D

Thats worth an extra tip drive!

You've probably already answered this but have you still got that 4.1? It looks rather nice.

You've probably already answered this but have you still got that 4.1? It looks rather nice.

no i havent but i see it now and again so its still localy owned..this is my cab, so you dont think i use my rav as a taxi... :rolleyes:

2466204348_6d9a6a2eee_b.jpg

no i havent but i see it now and again so its still localy owned..this is my cab, so you dont think i use my rav as a taxi... :rolleyes:

Did you nick my daughters headlights?

toyota2.jpg

PS Just cos you've got a taxi doesn't mean you don't use your rav as one too!!!

Did you nick my daughters headlights?

toyota2.jpg

PS Just cos you've got a taxi doesn't mean you don't use your rav as one too!!!

It is quite possible the lights are the same,, on the older cabs the rear lights were off an MGB,door mirrors ford galaxy, dash from a montego, boot handle off an older mini,etc etc, dont suppose its worth a small volume manufacturer making these parts, when they can just raid other peoples parts bins,

wasnt in any way being flippant over using my rav as a taxi,its just whenever i insure my car and state my occupation,they always assume the same and even refuse me insurance or load it.. :unsure:

Did you have a fare in the back and ask them to Duck Down :bag: just whilst you take a picture of your CAB.....

Do you also speak like a cabbie as well..."err governor you'll never guess who I had in the back of my cab the other day" :driving:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you have a fare in the back and ask them to Duck Down :bag: just whilst you take a picture of your CAB.....

Do you also speak like a cabbie as well..."err governor you'll never guess who I had in the back of my cab the other day" :driving:

No thats london cabbies talk like that, and earn a loy more than us, but working at M/C Airport I do get lots of celebs and footballers in my cab, and lots of funny stories, got a fare near home one night and pulled up on my drive got out, locked my cab and still had two very bewildered passengers on my back seat, My claim to fame Eric Cantona and Mick Hucknall in the back of my cab in their underwear, work that one out!! :D :D anyway enuff in danger of going off topic ! yet again :shutit:

No thats london cabbies talk like that, and earn a loy more than us, but working at M/C Airport I do get lots of celebs and footballers in my cab, and lots of funny stories, got a fare near home one night and pulled up on my drive got out, locked my cab and still had two very bewildered passengers on my back seat, My claim to fame Eric Cantona and Mick Hucknall in the back of my cab in their underwear, work that one out!! :D :D anyway enuff in danger of going off topic ! yet again :shutit:

Wha's Fick Mucknall?

Ah widnae mess wi Local hero - mans a hidden store o rich stories. like when yer missus went awa wi - ooops - cannae tell that wan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links