Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Bay Cooling.. Anyone Improved Theirs.

edwardio

I'm wondering if anyone has improved the cooling into their engine bay?

I'm going to start looking at how I can improve mine, by possibly directing some of the airflow from the scoop. Plus I was thinking of possibly putting together some sort of extractor fan system in, to help remove some of the hot air.

Has anyone improved theirs at all?

Just to help cool the engine down. The car doesn't over heat or anything, but I just think that some extra cooling wouldn't hurt.

Just take the thermostat out. And maybe wire the fan to be permanently on. ;)

The car has control systems to keep it running at the correct temperature. Making random changes to try to get it to run cooler won't help, and could possibly be detrimental.

I don't want to alter the actual cooling system. I just want to help remove heat from the engine bay. I know this can be done by fitting vents in the bonnet, but I don't want to do that.

I either want to blow some heat out somewhere at the bottom, or improve the air flow from the bonnet scoop.

Carlos Sainz vent is the answer then.

Positioned directly over the turbo for maximum effect ;)

Just to help cool the engine down. The car doesn't over heat or anything, but I just think that some extra cooling wouldn't hurt.

I've no suggestions then on how to do it but just advise not to bother. The car's are designed to operate in far hotter temperatures than the UK gets. All you'll be doing is throwing money away

bigger bonnet scoop then you get the lovely haze over your bonnet as the hot air escapes!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links