Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking For Modifications

Distro

Although i haven't actually bought myself the GT T-Bar I've been looking at for weeks, I'm looking at changing the factory standard lights and alloys that will likely come with the car.

For alloys I'm looking at some 17" OZ tourismo racing or something similar (one's with lots of thin spokes) and as for lights I'm stumped when it comes to finding them, i think this picture is actually from JAE 2005 but that's the kind of light I'd like.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9830/mr25ub6.jpg

Infact I'd like my car to look something like that, except mine (once i've got the money) will be sprayed in a dark two-tone green/black and I quite like the look of veilside skirts too, but that's planning way too far ahead :)

Anyway, the point of this post was supposed to be: where can i find lamps like those in the picture? :rolleyes:

Regards, :thumbsup:

Edit: What i ended up with

n508834024_450429_9803.jpg

n508834024_450428_8795.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Distro

• JappyBeast

• T600

• Jimlad

Hi mate,

This is Jims old MR2, prob in the best condition of its career!! :P

You can find the lights at www.revision6.com but at a price of about £360.. they do turn up on eBay but not often!

The nose/bumper is Border and the side skirts are Tom's if this helps!

Cheers, that's helpful :) at the minute I'm still looking around but the border/veilside are deffinately catching my fancy, but since I'm still at uni it's quite far off right now :P

I'm looking at picking up a mk2 rev2 or 3 (probably 3) for a grand or so, surfing eBay and autotrader all the time, really got the bug :D

Anyway cheers for you help, no doubt i'll be around reading posts and having more problems once i've gotten hold of my mr2, hoping to go to a meet or two once it's on my drive!

Regards

Ha ha!!

That's my old car it is!! Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Bare in mind I spend 12K on that car not including the price of the car initially!

The Mr2 when in that pic had .... Pheonix Power Rear spats, Toms skirts, Border nose, Rev5 spoiler, Toms scoot, crystal clear lights, rev6 low rise lights, rev 6 rear lights, OZ 17" Hydra wheels, Momo Corse wheel, TRD short shift kit with gearnob, Sparco Torino 2 seats with TRD Harnesses, Blitz DD Bov, Aussie Downpipe, Mongoose Exhaust, Exedy Racing clutch, Dastek Unichip, Omori boost gauge, Double Din DVD player, Pheonix Gold amp with 10" sub.

Complete respray in Super Red II.

I think that's it. I'm actually suprised I remembered all that!! It's suprising how often I see pics of the car tbh. There's even a Mr2 bebo club with the car as the main pic.

This is what it looks like now... with alot more done to it. It's also actually now getting painted black. I've since moved onto the world of Supras.

2411662225a7275610206l.jpg

Very nice indeed, i think it'll take me a fair bit of time to be able to get mine looking like that :P probably going to start off with wheels, induction kit and look into other performance upgrades chip etc, would be nice to get around 160bhp from my 2nd car :) (currently driving a 65 horse punto, zoom zoom)

Cheers for the help again :thumbsup:

Jim, if that CF Border bonnet comes up for sale any time let me know ;)

Thanks

Ok, i'm getting really antsy to get my hands on an mr2 and have been looking at the "cheaper" performance upgrades, i think i've decided to steer clear of body mods to start because i despise the *****ty standard performance corsas driving around with half of Halfords stuck all over them :P

From what i've read i'll be looking at Stage 1 mods (correct me if im wrong here); induction kit, exhaust, ecu chip(?). It'd be nice to get some kind of parts list i could be looking at towards the end of the year (im living in Canada for 4 months over the summer).

I'd appreciate it if anyone could gimme some suggestions or tips when choosing what to buy, i think i'd like to touch on 200bhp from the 150bhp i'll be getting from a mk2 gt t-bar.

Just been reading at torquecars.com and read this:

If you do not have a turbo there is very little to be gained by a remap alone - perhaps only a few BHP so TorqueCars recommendation for non turbo cars is to modify everything else first (cams,pistons, increase compression, engine balance, air intake, exhaust, head work, bigger valves etc...) after these things have been done you can then consider a remap which will help you get the full benefit from them.

Seems i'm doing nothing but read websites now, of which there are many conflicting ideas, so it'd be a treat if i could get some solid answers :P

Seems i'm doing nothing but read websites now, of which there are many conflicting ideas, so it'd be a treat if i could get some solid answers :P

The Torquecars quote is accurate I believe.

Getting 200bhp from any N/A 3S-GE is very ambitious. Either be prepared to spend a lot of money, or ditch that idea and go for either a tubby or a V6 conversion. Either of those would give you over 200 very easily and in the long run would cost you less. If you go the 2 litre N/A route you'll only get to the limits of the engine and then start wanting more power again, at which point you'll be back to square one.

If you're dead set on getting the N/A at this point - and I think that's a good idea if you're used to driving a FWD car with less than half the N/A's hp - then I'd recommend that you keep it stock, apart from perhaps handling improvements such as a Super Street set. Then save your money so that you can either trade it for a tubby or else upgrade it to a V6 once you're more used to the car.

ok cheers, i'd love to get a tubby but i simply can't afford the insurance (£4500/yr) so i think i'll get me a stock N/A gt t-bar, induction kit and alloys and keep it looking nice and lean, after all, i'm only going to be driving it on the streets :)

may i ask where in nottinghamshire you're from? :P

The amount you would have to spend to get proper horses out of an n/a you might as well just get a tubby!!

There is bags of torque on an n/a and mine is really nippy round town.

As said above, you need to get used to having the engine and power behind you, to me it feels natural on corners and under breaking but it handles totally different to a front engined car.

Ill be going for the 180-200 bhp figure mark as we speak, with a bit of porting and polishing and make better free flow will help alot, got loads of mods planned as mine is off the road at the moment

To be honest mr2 n/a i think are still quite reasonable power considering how old they are and i know they beat quite a few cars out there.

If you dotn want to spends loads of money to get higher bhp you best just getting a exhaust and a induction kit as the noise on n/a's is awesome,

Any more info just ask

hth

andy

Jim, if that CF Border bonnet comes up for sale any time let me know ;)

Thanks

Will od mate, I still speak to the guy regularly.

The Mr2 when in that pic had .... Pheonix Power Rear spats, Toms skirts, Border nose, Rev5 spoiler, Toms scoot, crystal clear lights, rev6 low rise lights, rev 6 rear lights, OZ 17" Hydra wheels, Momo Corse wheel, TRD short shift kit with gearnob, Sparco Torino 2 seats with TRD Harnesses, Blitz DD Bov, Aussie Downpipe, Mongoose Exhaust, Exedy Racing clutch, Dastek Unichip, Omori boost gauge, Double Din DVD player, Pheonix Gold amp with 10" sub.

Complete respray in Super Red II.

Fidanza Lightweight flywheel, I forgot about that!

GUYS!!!

You can hit 200bhp on a N/A without going crazy!!

Decat, Exhaust, Filter and ECU.

I know someone who made 201bhp on a rev3 n/a with the above mods. Decat, Exhaust, Filter and Unichip fully mapped.

Don't need to go crazy with cams/porting etc, etc.

Awesome, well, i just found out today i can sell my current car and keep hold of all the cash!! (parents originally bought half the car) so im well on the road to buying myself a mk2 (looking at getting a white one) with about £900 to spend.

So i'll probably run the car for a few weeks (just to make sure nothing needs fixing and surprise me after i've spent my cash on mods) and then shop around for parts :)

Decat? i thought cats were a legal requirement on UK cars?

Exhaust, how much are these? with the decat are we talking the whole system? £500+ i think i might of seen these for (i might be wrong here)

ECU, this is just cannot find any information on, i've read a few things about places that rip you off by not performing a full ECU upgrade (i read that a "real" ECU upgrade should take 3 hours and a lot of places fob you off with the not so good ecu in an hour or less)

I think i've googled just about everything i can think of and visited so many website over the last month because im really enthusiastic about getting this "project" going, i've even been driving MR2s on Forza Motorsport 2!!

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8910/95...d87c67fahj8.jpg <= i wish :lol:

Ok cheers :) So it looks like i'll hit around the 200bhp mark for about £800 which isnt as bad as i thought.

Thanks again everyone :D

Ok cheers :) So it looks like i'll hit around the 200bhp mark for about £800 which isnt as bad as i thought.

Thanks again everyone :D

You will need to buy a Rev 3 tho and there is no chance of getting one for a grand.

What do you mean by that? i think there is a difference in the stock HP in the rev2 and rev3 which would mean i'd start at around 150 or 170 both of which i'd be able to get to 200HP?

I've seen one or two 1994 rev3s for around 1000-1300, 1995 or later and the insurance on a rev3 is only an extra £10 a month compared to the 90-94 rev2. I'm aware of the changes in the rev2->rev3 and have been looking closely at eBay auctions for the body rubber strip on the side and the change to the back lights.

http://tinyurl.com/3h3m8j High reserve but body color strips and rev3 rear and stated at 156bhp? ... confused

http://tinyurl.com/3s9ykb Rev3 but no-idea what the reserve is

http://tinyurl.com/5dsdkp Dint and same as the last one with the reserve

http://tinyurl.com/6bztlj Very nice looking rev3 with £1400 ono

http://tinyurl.com/5y78f4 Or i could buy a broken one

Looks like the rev3 1994s are M reg which i think i could get away with on the insurance quoting it as a 90-94 car, seems the 95 onwards cars go up in price very quickly, looks like i might have to do some searching when it comes to buying one to try and get a cheap rev3.

Thanks for pointing this out to me, getting the bonus HP and nicer rear for a little extra cost would be fantastic

In the real world, you are not going to crack 200bhp, with the mods jim listed unless u start with a rev3+, even then i doubt you'll crack it,

ok it's only 30 bhp u need to find but in my experience it aint an easy task, so many variables to take into account, and lets face it numbers mean nothing, all that matters is you are happy with what you have!!!

another factor to consider............if you are going to tune an MR2, make sure u can drive it first, or as i'm sure many owners will tell you, you WILL stack it! get used to the car first before you start messing with it, 2's are very rewarding when you learn how to drive one..

Mo.

Oh yes, no doubt at all, as i said before I'm going to run it for a month or two before i do ANYTHING to it, just to make sure there are no problems and get used to driving it :)

And you might be right, i might get the car and feel it pulls more than enough (which it should with a 100bhp increase on my punto) in which case i'd go for alloys and filter :D

I just have nothing else on my mind other than cars and exams (2nd year physics student) so its a nice distraction from having to revise :P

Stick with stock, see how you feel, its pretty quick then start spending but as we said, you will have to spend alot to get close to 200bhp.